Solve using HP Officejet Pro 8740 Troubleshooting
You may notice an error message if the HP Officejet Pro 8740 Troubleshooting does not function properly. These HP Officejet Pro 8740 problems might be related to the hardware or software, or connection issues between the printer and the computer. Printing an internal test or configuration page is a good option to check the status of the printer. Besides, make sure that the printer is turned on and connected to the PC. Some common printer issues and HP Officejet Pro 8740 solutions guidelines are listed below.
HP Officejet Pro 8740 Network Scanner Connection Error
You may notice a connection problem when trying to scan a document if the computer or scanner is not found or the scan fails. When you press the start button on the scanner, if you are unable to scan, then make sure that you restart the computer after installing the scanning software. You can follow the guidelines given below to resolve the network scanner connection error.
- It is necessary to confirm that the HP Officejet Pro 8740 Troubleshooting issue is print-related, then restart devices and verify the driver scan settings. Ensure to verify the network and 123.hp.com/ojpro8740 printer connection status.
- For Windows, ensure that you download HP Print and Scan Doctor and then try reinstalling the HP software. Also, check the Windows Image Acquisition (WIA) settings.
- On the contrary, download HP Utility for Mac. Ensure that you remove the printer from the print queue and then re-add it to clear any error states with the printer setup. In order to support printer scanning functions, you need to uninstall the printer driver and software.
- Later reinstall the latest scan driver and software again.
- If you notice that the issue persists, download an app compatible with your OS.
- But, even after downloading the app if the issue persists, try resetting the printer.
HP Officejet Pro 8740 Troubleshooting for Printer is Offline
The computer will be unable to communicate with the 123.hp.com/ojpro8740 printer if an Offline message displays. Sometimes, in few network conditions, the printer might go offline unexpectedly. The other possibilities are that the offline message displays when the printer is powered off, or a USB cable connection is disconnected. The basic steps given below may help to resolve the printer offline issue.
- The initial step is to reboot the printer by turning it off and turning it back on again. It is advisable to wait for some time to let the computer finish rebooting.
- You need to ascertain that the printer is plugged into the computer and the light on the back of the printer is flashing green.
- Now, select the Start button, then tap Devices and Printers and then select Printer. Tap Use Printer Offline to remove the check mark and verify the online status.
- Ensure that you open a Web browser and download the latest driver compatible with your printer and then follow the on-screen instructions to install it.
- Now, you need to remove multiple printers from the printer list and also delete the printer queue from the list of printers and then add it again.
HP Officejet Pro 8740 Ink System Failure
During certain circumstances, you may notice that an Ink System Failure error message or an error message with numbers and letters, such as 0xc18a0001, displays on the 123.hp.com/ojpro8740 printer control panel or computer. You may notice that a few errors begin with 0x, while others begin with a B or C and they are usually preceded by the word Error. You can follow the basic HP Officejet Pro 8740 Troubleshooting steps given below that may guide you to resolve the error.
- It is advisable to use genuine HP ink cartridges. You can select your country/region and then follow the on-screen instructions to order new supplies or check cartridge compatibility, if necessary.
- You can try resetting the printer, as in some cases, a printer reset can clear the error message. Also, you may notice an error due to a low or empty ink cartridge.
- It is advisable to replace the ink cartridge as it might resolve the HP Officejet Pro 8740 Troubleshooting issue if an Ink Alert message displayed before the error occurred.
- Verify the Estimated Ink Levels on the control panel.
- Ascertain that you clean the ink cartridge vents and contacts with a clean cloth as these might cause an ink cartridge error. Carefully shut the ink cartridge access door.
- You can clean the printhead either manually or with an automated tool. In order to order the printhead assembly, follow the online instructions. You need to service the printer if the issue persists.
HP Officejet Pro 8740 Printhead Problem
The problem with the Printhead, generally indicates that the printhead, where you insert cartridges has gone bad because the printer is unable to recognize it. Sometimes, the ink might get accumulated over the printhead nozzle blocking its way. If you do not use genuine HP ink cartridges, there is a possibility for the error to occur. You can follow the HP Officejet Pro 8740 Troubleshooting steps given below to fix the printhead problem.
- The primary step is to switch on the printer and then open the cartridge access door. Ascertain that you remove all the ink cartridges and place them on a piece of paper.
- With a clean and lint-free cloth, carefully clean the printhead at the plastic ramps on both sides of the ink nozzles, the edge between the nozzles and the electrical contacts.
- Once you finish cleaning the printhead with a lint-free cloth, ensure that the latch handle is up and then install the printhead. Lower the latch handle and then shut the cartridge access door.
- If the issue is unresolved, try resetting the 123.hp.com/ojpro8740 printer. It is advisable to replace the printhead, if you have completed all the previous steps and find that the HP Officejet Pro 8740 problem still persists.
- Ensure to follow the instructions to remove the old printhead and install the new cartridge after receiving the replacement printhead. If you find that the HP Officejet Pro 8740 Troubleshooting issue still persists, service the printer.