HP Officejet Pro 8730 Troubleshooting
Generally, you may face printer issues related to hardware or software or network connection issues. You may notice that the hardware issues occur with the printer itself, the software issues occur on the computer which is attempting to print and the network connection issues occur between the printer and the computer. We have listed a few general printer issues and HP Officejet Pro 8730 Troubleshooting steps that may guide you to fix it instantly.
HP Officejet Pro 8730 Printer Offline
Generally, the Offline status indicates that the computer is not able to communicate with the printer. Also, the printer might go offline unexpectedly, in few network conditions. A few more possibilities are that the offline message displays when the printer is powered off, or a USB cable connection has become disconnected. The basic HP Officejet Pro 8730 Troubleshooting guidelines given below may help to resolve the HP Officejet Pro 8730 problems of offline issue.
- You can initially try rebooting the printer by shutting it off and turning it back on again. In order to let the computer finish rebooting, wait for a while.
- Now, you need to ensure that the printer is plugged into the computer and the light on the back of the printer is flashing green.
- Select the Start button, then tap Devices and Printers and then select Printer. Now, tap Use Printer Offline to remove the check mark and verify the online status.
- You can open a Web browser and download the latest driver compatible with your printer and then follow the on-screen instructions to install it.
- Ensure that you remove multiple printers from the printer list and also delete the printer queue from the list of printers and then add it again.
HP Officejet Pro 8730 Network Scanner Connection Error
When trying to scan a document, if the computer or scanner is not found or the scan fails, there is a possibility that you may be having trouble with your connection. On pressing the start button on the scanner, if you are unable to scan, ensure that you restart the computer after installing the scanning software. Follow the guidelines given below and utilize the instructions on how to solve the issue related to the scanning process.
- It is essential to confirm that the HP Officejet Pro 8730 Troubleshooting issue is print-related, then restart devices and check driver scan settings. Now, verify the network and printer connection status.
- Download HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows. On the other hand, download HP Utility for Mac. For Windows, try reinstalling the HP software and then check the WIA settings to rectigy HP Officejet Pro 8730 problems .
- For Mac, ensure that you remove the Officejet Pro 8730 printer from the print queue and then re-add it to clear any error states with the printer setup.
- Now, you need to uninstall the printer driver and software.
- Reinstall the latest scan driver and software to support printer scanning functions.
- If the HP Officejet Pro 8730 problems persists, download an app compatible with your OS.
- But if the HP Officejet Pro 8730 Troubleshooting issue still persists, you can try resetting the print system.
Toll Free: 1-844-246-7458
HP Officejet Pro 8730 Ink System Failure
On the printer control panel or computer, sometimes you may notice that an Ink System Failure error message or an error message with numbers displays. Few errors begin with 0x, while others begin with a B or C and they are usually preceded by the word Error. You can follow the basic tips given below that may guide you to resolve the error.
- It is recommended to use genuine HP ink cartridges. If necessary, you can select your country/region and then follow the on-screen instructions to order new supplies or check cartridge compatibility.
- Try resetting the printer, as in some cases, a printer reset can clear the error message. You may notice an error due to a low or empty ink cartridge.
- Replacing the ink cartridge might resolve the HP Officejet Pro 8730 Troubleshooting issue if an Ink Alert message displayed before the error occurred. You can the Estimated Ink Levels on the control panel.
- Ensure to clean the ink cartridge vents and contacts with a clean cloth as these might cause an ink cartridge error. Carefully close the ink cartridge access door.
- Now, clean the printhead either manually or with an automated tool. Also, you can follow the online instructions to order the printhead assembly. If the issue persists, service the printer.
HP Officejet Pro 8730 Printhead Problem
Just as the CPU is the heart of the computer, the Printhead is the heart of the entire printing system. The printer might not print, if you notice any message such as Printhead Problem or Printhead Appears to be Missing or Damaged on the printer control panel. You can follow the step-by-step procedure given below to resolve the HP Officejet Pro 8730 Troubleshooting issue.
- Turn on the printer, if it is not already on and then open the cartridge access door. Take out all the cartridges and place them on a piece of paper.
- Now, clean the printhead with a clean cloth at the plastic ramps on both sides of the ink nozzles, the edge between the nozzles and the electrical contacts.
- Once you finish cleaning the printhead, ensure that the latch handle is up, and then install the printhead. Carefully lower the latch handle and close the cartridge access door.
- If the HP Officejet Pro 8730 problems is unresolved, try resetting the printer. But, if you have completed all the previous steps and the issue still persists, replace the printhead.
- Follow the troubleshooting instructions to remove the old printhead and install the new one, after you receive the replacement printhead. But if the HP Officejet Pro 8730 Troubleshooting issue still persists, service the printer.
HP Officejet Pro 8730 USB Scanner Connection Error
Sometimes when you try to scan, the computer or the scanner might not be found or the scan might fail. You may notice any one of the following error messages such as An error occurred communicating with the scanning device or An error occurred while communicating with the HP imaging device or Computer not found or No Computer Detected or No TWAIN compliant device installed, etc. The steps given below may guide you to resolve the error.
- In order to restore a lost scan connection, try restarting the computer and printer and then reconnect the USB cable directly to a different port on the computer.
- Now, disconnect other USB devices that are not in use. For Windows, download HP Print and Scan Doctor and for Mac, you can download HP Utility.
- Ensure that your network is working correctly and that the printer is ready for scanning. For Mac, check the third-party firewall software settings and then uninstall the printer software.
- For Windows, check for any installed printer devices and for Mac, remove the printer from the print queue and then re-add it to clear any error states.
- You can try resolving the scan connection HP Officejet Pro 8730 Troubleshooting issues by uninstalling the printer software before reinstalling the latest driver. Ensure to install the latest drivers to support the printer. If necessary, reset the printer.