HP Officejet Pro 8730 Scanner Software and Driver
After turning on the 123.hp.com/ojpro8730 printer and customizing the scan settings on the printer, you need to download the scanner driver and HP Officejet Pro 8730 Scanner Software. This enables you to scan photos and documents, books, business cards, film, magazines and easily damaged originals like stamps. Sometimes the error may occur due to the network connection or an outdated driver. Try to resolve the issue and continue scanning.
Scan to Email
For business and other activities, one may find scanning and uploading documents to be a real time saver. Instead of going to the post office to mail documents, with the scan to Email feature, you can send them to the recipient from the comfort of your home or office. Moreover, you can scan and retain personal documents and photos for archival purposes. The steps below may guide you to scan to the Email.
- In order to use this feature, you must first set up an email profile using the full-feature HP Officejet Pro 8730 Scanner Software installed on the computer or using the EWS on the printer.
- It is important to note that during the profile setup process, you might be asked for SMTP server name, SMTP port number, or authentication information.
- To obtain the information, you can contact the email/Internet service provider or system administrator. In order to scan the item, tap Scan on the 123.hp.com/ojpro8730 printer control panel.
- Now, tap the Down Arrow and then tap Email as PDF or Email as JPEG, based on the scan job type. Tap the name of the email profile that you created.
- If prompted, type the password and then scan the item. You will notice that the email automatically opens on the computer with the scanned item attached.
Scan To Computer
Generally, moving images from the scanner’s memory to the computer’s hard drive will allow you to manipulate and view files with the help of the additional HP Officejet Pro 8730 Scanner Software installed on your PC. All you need to do is make the proper connections to transfer documents, as the computer is built to recognize and install most scanner drivers without a problem. The steps below may guide you to scan to the computer.
- In order to Scan a photo or document to the computer, Select the file type you want to save and then scan the item.
- Now, click the Scan option on the control panel, then tap Computer to scan to the connected computer and then select the computer model you want to save the scan to.
- Select the scan-to type that corresponds to the document or photo you are scanning. The Scan-to type options are saving as PDF or JPEG file.
- The Save as PDF setting helps to scan text documents that are not editable. On the other hand, the save as JPEG setting helps to scan pictures and images.
- If you want to scan another item, tap Yes to add another page to the same scan file or touch No if you do not have another page to scan.