Full Guide for HP Officejet Pro 8720 Wireless Setup
HP Officejet Pro 8720 Wireless Setup to establish the printer connection over the wireless network, initially, ensure that the printer supports wireless connection. Make sure that you have installed the latest printer driver for the system. One of the advantages of the wireless enabled printer is that it is not necessary to place the printer adjacent to the computer to the wireless network. Place the HP ojpro8720 printer and computer within in the range of the router. You are not required to connect the printer using the cables.
HP Officejet Pro 8720 Wireless Direct
Wireless Direct enables a direct wireless connection to the printer without a linking to a local network or connection to the Internet.Once you have enabled HP Officejet Pro 8720 Wireless Setup Direct in your printer, you will be able to print your documents or photos from most Wi-Fi capable systems and mobile device. Place the system and HP ojpro8720 printer close to each other to maintain a strong signal.
- Tap the Wireless icon on the printer’s control panel. Move to the Network Setup or Wireless settings menu->HP Officejet Pro 8720 Wireless Direct to enable the connection.
- Choose On or On with password. In case you enable On with Password for connecting the printer. Note down the security pass code and then tap OK.
- Select Settings->Wi-Fi and then from the list of available HP Officejet Pro 8720 Wireless Setup networks, choose HP-Print-xx-[your printer model name] on the mobile device.
- Key in the pass code, if urged. Access the item you intend to print and select Print from the app menu.
- From the list of available printers, choose the printer model and then select the Print icon.
HP Officejet Pro 8720 Wireless WEP, WPA, WPA2 Password
To print a document or photo wirelessly, it is necessary to link the HP ojpro8720 printer to the wireless network. The password is also referred as WEP key or WPA or WPA2 passphrase. The password can be modified from the initial password, if necessary. In case you do not remember the password, follow the steps given below to find the password. The steps vary with Windows and Mac operating system.
- In Windows, look for View Network Connections->View Network Connections. On the HP Officejet Pro 8720 Wireless Setup Network Connection window, choose the network name->Status. Select Wireless Properties->Security->Show characters to view the password.
- In Mac, Select Go->utilities in the Finder menu bar. Access the Keychain application. Select Local Items in the Keychain list. Select Passwords in the Category list. Select the network name->Show Password and then press OK.
- Look for the password on the router which has a label on the rear or bottom where you can see the initial wireless network password.
- You will also be able to verify the documentation from the Internet Service Paperwork. Verify the welcome letter to examine the network name and password.
- Check the HP Officejet Pro 8720 Wireless Setup network name and network password from the router configuration web page and from the HP Print and scan Doctor tool.