Solve Using HP Officejet Pro 8720 Troubleshooting
Your printer is in proper working condition but due to certain HP Officejet Pro 8720 problems with the printer, it does not print the items. To overcome such issues by HP Officejet Pro 8720 Troubleshooting, we have provided certain guidelines and printer maintenance tips. If you are not able to solve the issue with the simple instructions, call our toll-free number to solve the issue.
HP Officejet Pro 8720 Printer Not Responding Message
Most of the cases, ”printer not responding” message appears when the printer does not print a document or photo. While printing the document, the paper gets jammed in the interior of the printer. The printer starts displaying the printer not responding message or paper jam error. While placing the paper, make sure that appropriate paper type is used for printing. Never feed papers which are wrinkled or crushed which can also be the reason for the paper jam.
- Take away the jammed paper from the printer. With the help of flash light, examine whether there are any jammed paper located in the interior of the printer.
- Eliminate the jammed paper that is accessible from the ink cartridge access area, output area, duplex area, from the printer’s rear and from the Automatic Document feeder(ADF)
- Ensure that the carriage moves freely within the carriage area. Using the flash light, examine whether there is any dust accumulated in the rollers. If so, wipe the paper feed roller using the clean and moisten cloth.
- Make use of the clean and dampen cloth, wipe the rollers inside the cartridge access area, the printer’s rear and also the paper feed rollers in the Automatic Document Feeder.
- In certain times, a paper jam HP Officejet Pro 8720 Troubleshooting issue still exists, even if there is no jammed paper inside the printer. Reconfigure the printer which can also sort out the paper jam issue.
HP Officejet Pro 8720 Network Scanner Connection Error
You are in need of scanning a document, but you are not able to scan the document due to the network HP Officejet Pro 8720 Troubleshooting issues. Examine whether the wired or wireless network connection between the printer and system are securely connected. Examine whether the printer driver supports the scanner feature as it may also be the cause of the issue. Utilize the instructions on how to solve the issue related to the scanning process.
- Reboot the Officejet Pro 8720 printer and system to restore the lost scan connection. In case the issue still exists, continue to the next step.
- Examine whether the network is operating properly. For Wireless network connection, ensure that the wireless icon light is in on state. For Wired connection, the green light should be stable.
- Download and install the HP Print and Scan Doctor to identify and solve the printing or scanning related HP Officejet Pro 8720 problems. Once the issue is solved, try to scan a document.
- In case the HP Officejet Pro 8720 Troubleshooting issue continues, uninstall the printer driver and software from the system.
- Install the latest printer driver and software by following the on-screen instructions.
- Utilize the HP Print and Scan Doctor to diagnose and transiently deactivate the firewall software on the system. Make an attempt to scan to ensure that the issue has been solved.
HP OJPro 8720 Print Jobs Stuck in Print Queue
On the print queue, there is the line of documents to be printed but the file is crashed or does not start the print process. Once the print job stuck issue has occurred, you will not be able to print the other documents in the print queue. To overcome the HP Officejet Pro 8720 Troubleshooting issue, try to delete the files and then restart the printer to start the printing process or else continue with the other steps given below.
- In case the files are corrupted or crashed, the print job stuck issue occurs. To sort out the issue, delete the print job files one by one and reboot the printer and system.
- Utilize the HP Print and Scan Doctor tool to solve the printing related HP Officejet Pro 8720 problems. Download and install the HP print and Scan Doctor to perform certain troubleshooting tasks.
- In case the print jobs get stuck while printing, try to reset the printing software system files by eliminating and then reinstalling the printer driver.
- Transiently deactivate the firewall software on the system to check whether the software is interfering the print job. If the print job issue persists, the firewall is not the cause .
- Reboot the system and log in using different Windows account. If you are able to print, examine whether the account has the necessary permissions to print.
HP Officejet Pro 8720 Printer is Offline
Your printer displays “Printer Offline message in the control panel of the printer. The printer offline message implies that the printer is not able to communicate with the system. Initially, ensure the printer is switched on and the printer and system are connected to the same wireless network. Examine whether the printer’s name is detected in the list of available devices. Look for other methods given below to overcome the issue.
- Make use of HP Print and Scan Doctor tool to examine the connectivity status of the printer. Once you examine the connectivity status, try to print the test page for the printer.
- In case the default printer driver has changed, the issue may occur. Alter the printer driver to the installed printer driver and make sure the printer is not set to offline mode.
- Reconfiguring the printer can help to avoid the connection issue with the printer. After configuring the printer, ensure the driver uses the correct port to communicate.
- In case the driver uses the wrong port, select the correct port for the communication process. Now, try to upgrade the printer firmware to solve the HP Officejet Pro 8720 Troubleshooting issue.
- Eliminate the name of the printer from the list of available devices and then include the name of the printer again using the HP Printer Assistant.
Ink System Failure or ‘Supply System Problem’ Error Displays
Ink System failure is one of the rear HP Officejet Pro 8720 Troubleshooting issues that occur with the printer. One of the main reason for the issue is due to the problem with the print head. Cleaning the print head occasionally helps you to avoid the issue. While inserting the ink cartridges, make sure you use authentic ink cartridges for the printer. To avoid all the ink cartridge issues, it is advisable to use genuine ink cartridges.
- In case the ink cartridge does not support the printer, make use of authentic ink cartridges to avoid the frequent HP Officejet Pro 8720 problems with the ink cartridge.
- Reconfiguring the printer may help you to solve the issue. After customizing the printer, the issue persists, release the ink cartridges and examine the printer’s control panel for error messages.
- Cleanse the electrical contacts of the ink cartridges using a moisten and clean cloth. Now, insert the ink cartridges into their corresponding slots and make sure that they are firmly inserted.
- Due to outdated firmware,the issue may have occurred. So update the printer firmware using the printer’s control panel. If the issue persists, continue to the next step.
- Wipe the printhead using an automated tool from the printer’s control panel. Examine whether the print head is defective. If so, replace it. In case the issue persists, call our technical team to solve the issue.
HP Officejet Pro 8720 ‘Printhead Problem’ Error
One of the major reason for the printhead problem is that the printer is not been used for a long time or the printer is idle. While connecting the printer, try to connect the printer’s power cable directly to the wall socket. In certain cases, when you connect the printer to surge protector, it does not receive adequate power supply for operating which may also result in print head HP Officejet Pro 8720 Troubleshooting issue.
- Turn on the Officejet Pro 8720 printer. Unlock the cartridge access door to release the ink cartridge and then keep them on a paper with ink opening pointing upwards.
- Elevate the latch handle and take out the printhead to wipe the printhead using a clean and moisten cloth. Now, insert the printhead and seal the cartridge access door.
- Make an attempt to customize the printer which may solve the printhead HP Officejet Pro 8720 problems. With the printer switched on, detach the power cable from the printer’s rear and from the wall outlet.
- Halt for a second and then attach the power cord to the printer’s hindside and from the wall outlet. Now, turn on the Officejet Pro 8720 printer to ensure whether the printer is functioning properly.
- In case the issue persists, examine whether the printhead is defective. Replace the faulty printhead with a new one. Look whether the printhead is under warranty, if so replace it using HP Officejet Pro 8720 troubleshooting guide.