HP Officejet Pro 8710 scanner software
It is essential to download the scanner driver and HP Officejet Pro 8710 scanner software after switching on the printer and customizing the scan settings on the printer. The HP Officejet Pro 8710 scanner software enables you to scan photos and documents, books, business cards, film, magazines and easily damaged originals like stamps. But during certain circumstances, the error may occur due to the network connection or an outdated driver. Ensure that you resolve the issue and continue scanning.
Scan to Computer
When you move images from the scanner’s memory to the computer’s hard drive it allows you to manipulate and view files with the help of the additional HP Officejet Pro 8710 scanner software installed on your PC. You just need to make the proper connections to transfer documents, as the computer is built to recognize and install most scanner drivers without a problem. The prompts given below may guide you to scan to the computer.
- Make sure to place the document on the scanner glass according to the guidelines engraved.
- You can Scan both the photo or document to the computer by opting the file type you wish to save and then scan the required item.
- Tap the Scan option on the control panel, then select Computer to scan to the connected computer and then choose the computer model you want to save the scan to.
- Ensure to select the scan-to type option that corresponds to the document or photo you are scanning. This option saves the document as a PDF or JPEG file.
- With the Save as PDF setting, you can scan the text documents that are not editable. Whereas, the save as JPEG setting helps to scan pictures and images.
- In case you want to scan another item, tap Yes to add another page to the same scan file or select No if you do not have another page to scan.
Scan To Email
Scanning a document and sending it to email can be a real time saver for businesses.With the scan to Email feature, you can transfer the documents to the recipient from your home or office, instantly and quickly. Also, you can scan and store personal documents and photos for archival purposes. The prompts given below may guide you to scan to the Email.
- To employ this function, you initially need to create a new email profile using the full-feature HP Officejet Pro 8710 scanner software installed on the computer or the EWS on the printer.
- Note that during the profile setup process, you might be asked for Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP) server name, SMTP port number, or authentication information.
- Print a network configuration page and look for the claim code of the printer to get the email address of the printer.
- Contact the email/Internet service provider or system administrator for this information and select Scan on the printer control panel to scan.
- Ensure to tap the Down Arrow and then select Email as PDF or Email as JPEG, based on the scan job type. Select the name of the email profile that you created.
- If prompted, enter the password and then scan the item. Now, you may notice that the email automatically opens on the computer with the scanned item attached.
Scan To PDF
The printers are enabled with an additional feature to scan a document or picture and save it as a PDF file. This format allows you to share information without the need of using a converter or other application. Moreover, scanning to a PDF is done through the HP Solution Center, an application that is installed with the HP Officejet Pro 8710 scanner software. You can follow the general instructions given below to scan a document or photo to PDF.
- Lift the scanner lid and then place the document or picture you want to scan with the print side down on the scanner glass and then shut the lid. Now, select Start, then All Programs and open the HP Solution Center program.
- Tap Scan Settings, then Scan Settings and Preferences and then Scan Document Settings to access the scanner’s PDF option.
- Ensure to select the down arrow next to Scan to and then click Save to file. Now, tap the down arrow next to File type and click PDF.
- Tap the Scan Document Setting button, then select the down arrow under Resolution. Tap OK to save your desired Resolution setting.
- Tap the Save to file Option and then click Browse.
- You can navigate to the directory where you want to save the PDF file and then select OK.
- Tap the Scan button and then select the Accept button to save the scan as a PDF.
Toll Free : 1-844-246-7458
Scan to Memory Device
Before you can scan a photo or document and save it on a memory device, ensure that the printer supports the memory device that you want to scan to. There should not be any dust particles on the scanner glass. Ascertain that the scanner glass is properly cleaned with the help of a clean cloth. You can follow the steps given below to scan to a memory device.
- You need to load the photo or document that you need to scan, on the scanner glass or the Automatic Document Feeder (ADF) tray. Now, press the Power button to switch on the printer.
- When loading the paper on the Scanner glass, ensure that you place the item with the print side down and then position it according to the engraved guides around the glass.
- Now, shut the scanner lid. When loading the paper on the ADF tray, ensure that the print side faces up and the top edge goes into the tray first.
- Choose the memory device and then scan from the printer control panel by clicking on the Scan icon. Tap Memory device and then insert the memory device into the printer when prompted.
- Review the scan settings by tapping the Settings icon to change any settings and then select Done. In order to scan the item, tap Start Scan.
Scan To Network Folder
With this feature, you can scan documents and photos and automatically send them to one or more folders on your network. Ensure that the printer has an active connection to the network and that you have the appropriate privileges to the folder that you want to the send scan files to. You can follow the instructions given below to scan directly to a new folder.
- Ascertain that the printer HP Officejet Pro 8710 scanner software is installed and that the computer and the printer are both turned on and connected to the wired or wireless network.
- Now, load the photo or document that you need to scan, on the scanner glass or the Automatic Document Feeder (ADF) tray. Press the Power button to turn on the printer.
- In order to use the Scan to Network Folder feature, you must associate a shared network folder that you want to scan to with the printer.
- If you have not created any folder, you can set one using the Scan to Network Folder Wizard. Now, choose your network folder and scan the item.
- Select Scan on the printer control panel, then tap the Network Folder to scan to the connected computer. Type the password if prompted and then scan the item by HP Officejet Pro 8710 scanner software.