HP Officejet Pro 6978 Troubleshooting
We offer all the troubleshooting steps for your HP Officejet Pro 6978 Troubleshooting. It i not necessary to depend on any service provider to find and fix the basic troubleshooting techniques for your printer. Get the readable manual for your printer from us which includes tips and tricks to maintain the proper functioning of the 123.hp.com/ojpro6978 printer. Both Windows and Mac users are beneficiaries, as we provide instructions separately.
HP Officejet Pro 6978 Replacing Ink Cartridges
It is mandatory to replace the faulty ink cartridge to resume the proper printer functionality. The printout cannot be obtained as expected. When the printer’s control panel displays an error message, be ready with an alternative toner to install it in your printer. Exposing the new cartridge to air for long time leads to drying of toner and results in poor print quality. Make use of the instructions provided below to replace the faulty toner.
- With the aid of the the power button you can switch on the HP Officejet 6978 printer. Make use your fingers to release the slot, and then carefully pull it toward you to unlock the ink cartridge access door.
- Wait until you observe no movement by your printer. remove the new ink cartridge from the package.
- Clasp the ink cartridges and set the ink cartridge contacts facing the 123.hp.com/ojpro6978 printer’s direction.
- Place the unused ink cartridge into the allotted slot, and then gradually drag it forward until it snaps into its place.
- Trail the same procedure provided above to install other ink cartridges also. Scrutinize whether you have placed the color ink cartridges are properly.
- Subsequently, lock the access door of the printer properly. Call us on the number provided on your screen, and get the HP Officejet Pro 6978 Troubleshooting issue sorted.
HP Officejet Pro 6978 Printer Offline
Occasionally your HP Officejet 6978 printer prompts an offline message on the control panel, and interrupts the printer’s operation. You will receive this message, when the network connection is lost. Some external factors like radio waves can affect the signal strength, and act as the causes for poor communication among the computer, router, and the printer. In such scenarios, your printer displays an offline message. Trail the instructions provided here to retain the lost connection.
- The connection issue between the printer, computer, and the computer can be retained by using a diagnosing tool call HP Print and Scan Doctor.
- Use the prompts and download it successfully on the computer to which the printer is connected. Using this tool helps you out to find what the HP Officejet Pro 6978 Troubleshooting issue is actually about.
- After the tool has find and fix the issue, let the HP Officejet 6978 printer prints a test page to ascertain that the issue has been resolved.
- Re- organize the printer and affirm the connection which you have established. Be sure that you have chosen the correct port to connect the printer.
- Maintain the firmware up- to- date to avoid improper functioning of the HP Officejet 6978 printer. Reach us on our number for further details.
HP Officejet Pro 6978 Won’t Print Black Ink
Sometimes the print quality is not achieved as provided in the specification of the HP Officejet 6978 printer. This is because the blank ink not printing issue displayed on the printer’s control panel. This issue can provide streaks and fine lines in the printouts. Trail the instructions provided in this manual to overcome the fuzzy text.
- Make use if high quality ink cartridge to print the document or photo. The blank ink not printing issue can be avoided to some extent by using the automatic servicing of the 123.hp.com/ojpro6978 printer.
- Scrutinize whether you have placed appropriate paper on the loading tray while printing. Using the curled sheets result in poor print quality.
- Monitor the level of the ink cartridge which is installed, and replcae it if you find it low or empty.
- Take a print of quality diagnostic report and check whether the blank ink not printing HP Officejet Pro 6978 Troubleshooting issue has been resolved.
- Affirm that you have placed the cartridges properly in the provided slots. If none of the tips has resolved the issue, call us on our toll- free number and know more.
Toll Free : 1-844-246-7458
HP Officejet Pro 6978 Not Connect To Computer
If you find your 123.hp.com/ojpro6978 printer is not connected to the computer, ascertain that the printer cables are properly connected, and the printer is maintained in the on state. Scrutinize whether your printer is customized as a default printer. Trail the prompts to eliminate already assigned print jobs, and then try to print. Connecting the printer to other available ports on the computer might resolve the issue.
- When you find your 123.hp.com/ojpro6978 printer is not connected to the computer, ensure that the connectivity between the computer and printer is properly established and maintained.
- Reset your HP Officejet 6978 printer. Resetting is just an action of powering off the printer and then on it back after a while.
- Your printer might not be connected to the computer when your computer has some other printer name in its queue. So click minus button to remove all existing printers from the list.
- Choosing your printer as a default printer helps you to resolve the connectivity HP Officejet Pro 6978 Troubleshooting issue to some extent. Trail the prompts and set your HP Officejet 6978 printer as a default printer.
- Exclude your printer from the list and include it again to the list. To add the printer to the list, click on the plus symbol, and trail the instructions.
HP Officejet Pro 6978 Printhead problem
The HP Officejet 6978 printer’s control panel displays printhead error message, when the printhead gets clogged. This usually occurs when the print cartridge is empty or stored for a long time.It is necessary to clean the printhead periodically to avoid this kind of printer HP Officejet Pro 6978 Troubleshooting issue.
- When you get the alert message, remove the printhead from your printer, clean it using a damp cloth, and then place it again inside your printer.
- Before removing the printhead, switch off the printer.Unlock the cartridge access door, and remove all cartridge from the slots.
- Utilize the prompts, clear the dust around the printhead, place it again into the slot, and re- fix the printhead inside the printer.
- Resetting is also a wise choice to retain the printer functionality. Try printing a status report, and assign a print job as per the requirement.
- If the HP Officejet Pro 6978 Troubleshooting issue is not sorted out, call us on our toll- free number provided in our website, and resolve the printhead issue.
HP Officejet Pro 6978 Scanning Issues
You are already aware of how the scanning software is mandatory to perform the scan function of your choice. If you have installed the scanning software which is not supported by your HP Officejet 6978 printer, scan fails. Before attempting to install the software, ascertain that the software you choose suits your computer’s operating system version.
- Scrutinize whether you have installed either basic or full feature scan application on your device to carry out scanning.
- You can directly scan the documents from your Windows or mac computers by installing the scanning software.
- You can download either HP Scan Software, HP Scan and Capture, Windows Paint, HP Solution Center Software, and more. Download it after checking the compatibility.
- Rest the item in the Automatic Document Feeder on the scanner glass or, trail the prompts, and start to scan. Glance at the preview of the scan by selecting the Show Scan preview.
- Customize advanced settings, if needed and change the color, quality, and more. Then, tap on the scan option.