HP Officejet Pro 6968 Troubleshooting
When the HP Officejet Pro 6968 printer does not function properly, you may notice an error message. There is a possibility that the HP Officejet Pro 6968 problem might be related to the hardware or software, or connection issues between the HP Officejet Pro 6968 Troubleshooting printer and the computer. It is advisable to try printing an internal test or configuration page. Also, ensure that the printer is turned on and connected to the PC. A few printer issues are listed below.
HP Officejet Pro 6968 Not Connecting To Wi-Fi
Sometimes placing the HP Officejet Pro 6968 printer closer to the router increases the speed and reduces printing time, but there are other ways to improve Wi-Fi performance. Ensure that the router supports 802.11n, offers the 5GHz band as well as 2.4 GHz and that the firmware is updated. If necessary, you could add a wireless extender or a repeater to increase the performance. This HP Officejet Pro 6968 Troubleshooting issue can be resolved with the help of the prompts given below.
- The foremost step is to restart the computer, printer and wireless router. Also, ensure that the printer is connected to the network by printing a Wireless Network Test report.
- Now, verify the status of the printer in the Diagnostic Results. Ensure that the wireless router is turned on and functioning properly and then follow the on-screen instructions.
- Verify the network name and ascertain that you choose the software that is intended for both your computer and printer. Check if the computer is connected to the same network as the printer.
- Now, install the software. In order to find the IP address and connect the printer to the network.
- Print either the Wireless Network Test report or a Network Configuration page.
- Change the router’s username and password. Under Wireless or Security, check the router settings.
- Print the Network Configuration Page and also check for any firmware updates to the router.
Toll Free : 1-844-246-7458
HP Officejet Pro 6968 Printhead Problem
Generally, HP Officejet Pro 6968 Printhead Problem indicates that the printhead, where you insert cartridges has gone bad because the 123 hp com ojpro 6968 printer is unable to recognize it. During certain circumstances, the ink might get accumulated over the printhead nozzle blocking its way. There is a possibility for the error to occur if you do not use genuine HP ink cartridges. Follow the HP Officejet Pro 6968 Troubleshooting steps given below to fix the printhead problem
- The foremost step is to switch on the printer and then open the cartridge access door. Ensure that you remove all the cartridges and place them on a piece of paper.
- Affirm that you clean the printhead with a pure soft cloth on both sides of the ink nozzles, the edge between the nozzles and the electrical contacts.
- After cleaning the printhead with a lint-fee cloth, ensure that the latch handle is up and then install the printhead. Carefully lower the latch handle and then shut the cartridge access door.
- Try resetting the printer, if the HP Officejet Pro 6968 Troubleshooting issue is unresolved. But, if you have completed all the previous steps and find that the HP Officejet Pro 6968 Printhead Problem issue still persists, replace the printhead.
- After receiving the replacement printhead, you can follow the instructions to remove the old printhead and install the new one. In case the issue still persists, service the printer.
HP Officejet Pro 6968 won’t print
There are numerous reasons as to why the 123 hp com ojpro 6968 printer won’t print. You can start with the basics such as checking the network connections, estimating ink levels, etc. Remember that the computer will not be able to communicate with the printer if the issue remains unresolved. Unless the printer establishes a communication port with the computer, it will not accept print jobs. The basic guidelines given below may help resolve your HP Officejet Pro 6968 Troubleshooting issue.
- The primary step is to reboot the printer and then reconnect the power cord. You need to check if there is an error message or warning light on the printer.
- Also, make sure that there is a paper in the tray. Estimate the ink level on the cartridge. Check if the USB cable is plugged in or the printer is connected to the Wi-Fi.
- But, sometimes the reason HP Officejet Pro 6968 won’t print is that you’ve installed some software which has a virtual printer. In order to check, select Devices and Printers on the Control panel.
- Ensure that the correct printer is selected, then open a Web browser and download the latest driver compatible with your printer and then follow the on-screen instructions to install it.
- Ascertain that you remove multiple printers from the printer list and also delete the printer queue from the list of printers and then add it again.
HP Officejet Pro 6968 Scanning Problem
If you find that the scanner stops working or a message such as An error occurred communicating with the scanning device displays, there may be a possibility that the scanner software has become corrupted. You can initially try reinstalling the 123 hp com ojpro 6968 printer. If you find that it doesn’t work, it’s best to check the user guide. You can also follow the guidelines given below on how to solve the issue related to scanning process.
- The primary Officejet Pro 6968 printer step is to restart the computer and printer to restore a lost scan connection and then reconnect the USB cable directly to a different port on the computer.
- Ensure to disconnect other USB devices that are not in use, because of HP Officejet Pro 6968 problems. For Windows, you can download HP Print and Scan Doctor and for Mac, you can download HP Utility.
- Ascertain that the network is working correctly and that the printer is ready for scanning. For Mac, you need to check the third-party firewall software settings and then uninstall the printer software.
- For Windows, you need to check for any installed printer devices. Remove the 123 hp com ojpro 6968 printer from the print queue on your Mac and then re-add it to clear any error states.
- You can resolve the HP Officejet Pro 6968 Troubleshooting issue by uninstalling the printer software before reinstalling the latest driver. Make sure that you install the latest drivers. If the HP Officejet Pro 6968 problem still persists, reset the printer.
Double Sideing Issues in HP Officejet Pro 6968 Troubleshooting
When you come across this HP Officejet Pro 6968 problem, you may notice that sometimes the document may print double sided & sometimes they don’t. This is a weird situation that may drive one crazy especially when you have large files that must be printed double-sided. You can initially try changing the settings or updating the drivers to the latest version. The steps given below may help you to fix the double sided printing issue.
- Ensure that you select Letter, Legal or Folio sized paper when using the automatic 2-sided printing function. Also, ascertain that the back cover is closed.
- Now, open the document that you want to print, select File and then tap Print. Select the printer model, then tap Properties and then tap the Portrait or Landscape option.
- You can select the Binding Offset check box if you want to specify the offset for binding in inches or millimeters. If necessary, change other 123 hp com ojpro 6968 printer settings and then tap OK.
- Select either automatic 2-sided printing or manual 2-sided printing, then tap OK and then complete the print job. The paper may be curled if is not feeding correctly.
- If you find that the paper is curled, straighten it and put it back in the paper tray. It is advisable to use regular paper. Do not use thin or bond paper and follow HP Officejet Pro 6968 Troubleshooting guide.