- 123-hp.help Home 〉〉
- Officejet Printer
HP Officejet Printer
HP OFFICEJET 3830
An all-in-one inkjet printer you can not only print but also scan, copy and fax Know More
HP OFFICEJET 5740
With this multifunctional printer you not only print but can also scan, copy and fax Know More
HP OfficejetPro Printer
HP OFFICEJET PRO 6230
An ePrinter that supports Wi-Fi Direct for easy printing from mobile devices Know More
HP OFFICEJET PRO 6968
Produces fast professional-quality color prints & cuts up to 50% on cost per page Know More
HP OFFICEJET PRO 6978
This printer offers an outstanding print quality and competitive print speeds Know More
Unboxing HP Officejet Printer
Unboxing HP Officejet printer and HP Officejet Pro Printer is like a piece of cake. It does not take much effort. All you need is to know the method and then you’re all set to print. You can follow the prompts given below to unbox the HP Officejet Printer.
Step 1: To Check the contents of the pack
- It is advisable to view the pack for a list of items.
- The contents in the pack may vary by country/region.
- Once you complete the verification, proceed to the next step.
Step 2: To Unbox the HP Officejet Printer
- It is advisable to remove the printer from the package.
- Discard all the unwanted wraps from different locations of the printer.
- Ensure to shut the cartridge access door and the scanner lid.
- Ascertain that the paper tray door is placed properly.
- Shut the paper tray door. 123.hp.com/OJ.
Step 3: To Switch on the power
- Ensure that there is no sticker on the control panel and then proceed to the next step.
- It is mandatory to connect one end of the power cord to the printer.
- Connect the other end to the electrical outlet.
- Turn on the HP Officejet Pro Printer by pressing the Power button.
Step 4: To Select the language and country/region
- Opt for the desired language on the control panel and then tap Yes to confirm the choice. 123.hp.com/OJ.
- Once you Select the desired language and region, follow the prompts that appear on the control panel.
- In case the desired language is not visible, Select the Down Arrow to scroll through the menu and then click Setup to proceed to the next step.
Step 5: To Insert the cartridges
- Ensure that the HP Officejet Printer is turned on. Now, open the cartridge access door, then after discarding the wrap from the new cartridge, ascertain that the color of the cartridge matches the color on the cartridge latch.
- In order to secure the cartridge, shut the scanner lid properly. You can also repeat the same procedure to insert other ink cartridges. 123.hp.com/OJ.
Step 6: To Load paper and align the cartridges
- Ensure to open the paper tray door and then slide the paper width guides to their outermost positions.
- Allow the short edge of the tray to face towards the HP Officejet Printer and then mount a stack of either U.S. letter or A4 plain, white paper into the tray.
- Enter OK and then follow the prompts on the control panel to start the cartridge alignment. You can follow the on-screen prompts to align the cartridges if the alignment page does not print.
Toll Free : 1-844-246-7458
HP Officejet Printer Driver Setup and Installation
It is mandatory to install the included drivers and software. In case if you have lost the CD for your printer, you can download the drivers for your printer and then install the drivers on the HP Officejet Printer and HP Officejet Pro Printer.
Windows – 123.hp.com/OJ
- The driver file for Windows is available in the .exe format.
- You can visit our website to download and install the driver and after selecting the HP Officejet Pro Printer model ascertain that the operating system version is correct.
- In order to use the guided HP Download and Install Assistant, follow the on-screen prompts.
- In order to save and run the driver file from the computer, Select Download only. 123.hp.com/OJ.
- In case ‘Installing Your HP Officejet Printer Driver Using the Windows Built-in Solution’ displays instead of a download button.
- Tap on Learn more for steps to install the print driver through Windows.
- In order to complete the setup select the desired printer connection and based on the printer functionality, you can try to print, scan or fax.
- it is advisable to use the updated driver and software to avail full functionality printer.
Mac – 123.hp.com/OJ
- The driver file for Mac is available in the .dmg format.
- You can go to our website to download and install the driver and after entering the HP Officejet Pro Printer model ensure that the operating system version is correct. Now, tap Download next to the full feature, under the Driver-Product Installation Software.
- You can follow the on-screen prompts to use the guided HP Download and Install Assistant. 123.hp.com/OJ.
- In case the printer is enabled with a scanning functionality, ascertain that the HP Scan is selected on the Install screen.
(i) In order to create a print queue on the Mac, tap Add Printer and you will notice that the Add window opens.
(ii) Now, type the printer model, then tap the Use or Print Using menu and then choose the printer model in the pop-up menu.
- Now, click Add and based on the HP Officejet Printer functionality try to print, scan or fax.
Frequently Asked Q&A about HP Officejet Printer and HP Officejet Pro Printer
Sometimes when you try to scan, you may notice that the computer or the scanner is not found or the scan fails. Any one of the following communication or connection errors might display and the scan may fail.
- An error occurred communicating with the scanning device
- An error occurred while communicating with the HP imaging device
- Computer not found
- No Computer Detected
- Scan to computer is currently unavailable
- Scan to computer no longer activated
- Scan Unsuccessful
- Scanner not found
- Scanner Unreachable
- The scanner could not be initialized
Due to an error in network connection, there is a possibility that scanning function might not work.
You can follow the steps given below to resolve the scanning issue for Windows.
- Ensure that the issue is also print-related.
- Reboot the devices and check the driver scan settings.
- Verify the network and printer connection status.
- Open and enable the HP Print and Scan Doctor.
- The printer software is to be uninstalled.
- The HP software is to be re-installed.
- Examine Windows Image Acquisition settings.
- Transiently deactivate firewall software on the computer.
- Carry out other scanning options.
You can follow the steps given below to resolve the scanning issue for Mac.
- Ascertain that the issue is also print-related.
- Boot up the devices and verify the driver scan settings.
- Examine the network and printer connection status.
- Examine third-party firewall software settings.
- Eliminate and then include the printer name later.
- The printer driver and software is to be uninstalled.
- The latest scan driver and software is to be reinstalled.
- Carry out other scanning solutions.
- Reboot the print system.
- In order to open Printer Assistant, double-click the printer icon on the desktop.
- You can search Windows for the printer model.
- In order to open Printer Assistant, tap your printer in the list of results that appears.
- If you are unable to find Printer Assistant, then download and install the full feature driver for the printer on your computer.
- In case HP Solution Center opens, it indicates that the printer supports HP Solution Center instead of Printer Assistant. The HP Solution Center supported printers manufactured before 2010. It provides similar printer tools and management features to HP Printer Assistant.
Follow the steps given below to download the Printer Assistant Software.
- Connect the printer again.
- Ensure to uninstall any HP printer software.
- The latest driver is to be reinstalled from the HP website.
- Reboot the computer and the printer.
- You can use the Windows built-in driver if the previous troubleshooting steps did not resolve the issue.
On upgrading Windows to a newer version, such as Windows 10, sometimes, Printer Assistant might display the Select a Printer window with multiple names for the printer or it might not open when the printer is connected through USB.
Follow the steps given below to resolve the issue.
- Connect the printer again.
- Ascertain to uninstall any HP printer software.
- Ensure to reinstall the latest driver from the HP website.
- Boot up the computer and the printer.
You can follow the steps given below to resolve the issue.
- Eliminate the printer name from your list of devices.
- Ensure to connect the printer in Printer Assistant.
- Ascertain that the printer is set as default printer.
- Reboot the computer and the printer.
In order to resolve the issue, try reconnecting the printer or reinstalling the software.
- Ensure to reconnect the printer and then uninstall the HP printer software.
- Once you uninstall the software, download and reinstall the latest version of the full feature software.
No, you cannot use HP Printer Assistant software for Mac OS X as it is available only for Windows. The HP Utility is a printer management software that installs with the full feature Mac print driver package. It enables you to check current printer status, view remaining ink levels, check network settings and more.
The HP Printer Assistant replaced HP Solution Center for printers manufactured in 2011 and later. The HP Printer Assistant software installs with the full feature print driver and also provides similar functionality to HP Solution Center.
The HP Instant Ink is an ink cartridge replacement service. Based on the number of pages you print each month, HP will charge a fee based on the plan you choose. When the printer runs low on ink, it sends the ink level information to HP. You will receive the replacement ink cartridges at your doorstep. Once you enroll in the HP Instant Ink Program, you need not purchase replacement ink cartridges from retail stores as the ink cartridge costs are included in the monthly fee. It will show up in your mailbox before you run out of ink.
HP Instant Ink Service has three subscription levels based on the number of pages you want to print per month.
- For $3 a month, you can print up to 50 pages.
- For $5 a month, you can print up to 100 pages.
- For $10 a month, you can print up to 300 pages.
Enrolling in the HP Instant Ink Program is beneficial. For example, the $5-per-month plan includes 100 pages per month, so it costs $60 per year, which is just about paying for one set of ink for your printer. In case you do not use all the pages as per the plan, you have an advantage that the unused pages will be kept in your account as rollover pages. As long as you are enrolled in HP Instant Ink, your rollover pages are available to use. Eg: If you are utilizing only 20 pages of print, in a 50 pages plan, the remaining 30 pages will be rolled over to the next month.
In case you cross your monthly page limit you will be charged extra based on your plan level. Your monthly fee begins only when you start using the replacement ink. As there is no contract, you can cancel or change your plan at any time.
In order to sign up for HP Instant Ink you require:
- An eligible HP printer
- Printer must be connected to the Internet
- A valid email address
- A valid credit card or debit card (for billing purposes)
The disadvantage of the new ink cartridges is that they don’t fit into current models, so if you are willing to use the Instant Ink service, you have to look out for a new printer. The compatible printer models for the Instant Ink Program are the HP Envy 4500, Envy 5530, Envy 5660, Envy 7640, Officejet 4630, Officejet 5740, Officejet 8040 with Neat, Officejet Pro 6830, Officejet Pro 8610, Officejet Pro 8620 and Officejet Pro 8630.
The next time you run out of ink, you need not worry. Once you have enrolled with the HP Instant Ink Service, you will receive a welcome kit with HP Instant Ink cartridges in about 10 days, so you’ll have ink when you need it.