HP Officejet 4650 troubleshooting
You may face printer issues related to hardware or software or network connection issues. The hardware issues occur with the printer itself, the software issues occur on the computer which is attempting to print and the network connection issues occur between the printer and the computer. Before troubleshooting the 123.hp.com/oj4650 problem, try printing an internal test or configuration page. Few general printer issues and their HP Officejet 4650 troubleshooting steps are listed below.
Scanner Not Working
Sometimes when you try to scan, the computer or the scanner might not be found or the scan might fail. In case the scanner in the printer does not respond when you send a scan command from your printer, ensure that the cable is connected correctly or, if you’re using a Wi-Fi connection, that your printer is connected. Try the steps given below to resolve the scanning HP Officejet 4650 troubleshooting issue.
- Ascertain that the 123.hp.com/oj4650 problem is print-related and then restart the computer and printer.
- Verify that the network functions properly and the printer is ready for scanning.
- Based on the compatibility of your computer download a suitable tool to diagnose and resolve printing problems.
- Ensure to resolve scan connection 123.hp.com/oj4650 problem by uninstalling the printer software before reinstalling the latest driver.
- You can download the current version of the full feature software for your printer, then check Windows Image Acquisition(WIA) settings is activated.If not,enable the WIA
- Now, temporarily disable firewall software on the computer to wxamine whether the issue is with the software and then try to scan by re-enabling the firewall software.
Wireless Printer Connectivity Issues
Wireless printing offers good mobility, productivity and more. With better Wi-Fi connection you can easily print from almost anywhere. Wireless printing is a good option when compared to the USB cables. But sometimes, Wireless printing may cause a drop in connection or router configuration issues and so on. You can follow the guidelines given below to resolve the HP Officejet 4650 troubleshooting issues.
- You initially need to reboot the computer, printer and router and then download and run HP Print and Scan Doctor.
- Now, On the printer control panel, examine the status of the light next to the Wireless icon.
- Ensure to reconnect the printer to the wireless network and verify the connectivity by printing a new Wireless Network Test Results Page.
- Ascertain to change the network channel and network name and then save the changes.
- Turn off additional routers, then place the router and printer close together and then ensure that the printer IP address and the router IP address are similar.
- Now, update the printer firmware and then choose a manual IP address for the printer. If the HP Officejet 4650 troubleshooting issue persists, replace the printer.
Printer prints a blank page
Sometimes on setting up the printer, you may notice that the black ink is missing or faded on your printouts. Follow the steps given below to take out the black cartridge and print only with the tri-color cartridge. This will allow the printer to operate only in a single-cartridge mode, which creates composite black from the tri-color cartridge.
- The first step is to turn on the printer and then locate the slots on the left and right sides of the printer.
- Carefully move your fingers into the two slots and then rise upward to open the ink cartridge access door.
- You will notice that the carriage will move to the cartridge access area.
- In order to release the ink cartridge, raise the lid on the cartridge slot and then push the lid back until it stops.
- Ensure to take out the black cartridge from its slot.
- After inserting the black ink cartridge into its slot, you need to make a attempt to print a test page again for resolving the 123.hp.com/oj4650 problem.
Alignment Page Issue
In 123.hp.com/oj4650 problem sometimes alignment issues might occur while scanning or printing.In the printer’s control panel,an Alignment failed or Alignment Unsuccessful error message displays .Ascertain that the printer is loaded with unused,clean white paper and then retry alignment.Utilize the steps below to solve the HP Officejet 4650 troubleshooting issue.
- Now, try resetting the printer to resolve an Alignment failed error message.
- Make sure that you use genuine HP ink cartridges or toner supplies.
- Verify if the printer is properly aligned by printing an alignment page.
- Now, ensure to check estimated ink levels and replace any low or empty ink cartridges.
- Based on the printer and the software you are using, there are several ways to access the automated tool to clean the printhead.
- In case the issue persists, replace the printhead or ink cartridge. Service the printer if the HP Officejet 4650 troubleshooting issue continues.
Fax Errors – HP Officejet 4650 troubleshooting
Sometimes a fax may be sent unsuccessfully and the receiving machine may provide an error message. There may be numerous When you view an error message on the computer, try clearing the error. Unless you resolve the HP Officejet 4650 troubleshooting issue you cannot continue printing. You can also go to HP SureSupply to check ink or toner cartridge compatibility or purchase replacement cartridges and other supplies. Follow the steps given below to resolve the ink cartridge problem.
- Ascertain that the ink cartridges are compatible with the printer and use genuine HP ink cartridges.
- Ensure to check the estimated ink levels to verify if any ink cartridges are critically low or empty.
- Try replacing any critically low or empty ink cartridges and then try to print again.
- You can either use an automatic tool to clean the ink cartridges or manually clean the printer.
- Analyze the cartridge that is causing the 123.hp.com/oj4650 problem using Print Quality Diagnostic report.
- Verify the ink cartridge warranty status, then replace the ink cartridge. In case the issue persists, Service the printer.
Ink Cartridge HP Officejet 4650 troubleshooting
Sometimes Cartridge Problem or Ink Cartridge Failure error message displays on the control panel, on installing the cartridge. Moreover, you will notice that an icon displays on the control panel that indicates which cartridge is causing the error. It is recommended that before you begin printing, ensure the cartridges are compatible with your printer. Follow the prompts given below to resolve the ink cartridge issue.
- Initially, ensure that the cartridges are inserted correctly and the printer is turned on.
- Examine the cartridge if it is to be replaced and then restart the printer.
- Ensure to clean the contacts on the cartridge and in the cartridge slot.
- Take out the cartridge and then carefully reinsert it again.
- If the 123.hp.com/oj4650 problem persists, try cleaning the cartridge contacts again.
- In case the issue persists, replace the cartridge. If the HP Officejet 4650 troubleshooting issue is still unresolved, service the printer.