Get the Complet HP Laserjet Pro M477FDW Printer Guide
HP Laserjet Pro M477FDW Printer save your time and reduce the work force using the Duplex printing option. The printer prints professional quality printouts. It is mainly designed for an organization which prints 1000 of pages in a month. The printer is Energy Certified which conserves the power upto 50%. Secure the data with the security features.
- Utilize the color touchscreen option to tap and swipe on the touchscreen to access, scan and print.
- Print your documents on both sides of paper using the Automatic Duplex printing which saves time.
- You will be able to send the print jobs easily and efficiently using the Wireless Direct option.
- Make use of the Airprint option to print, scan and copy from the Apple devices.
- Using the security features enabled on the device, you can protect your confidential data.
- Save energy with Auto On/Off technology, the HP Laserjet Pro M477FDW Printer turns off automatically when it is inactive.
Software and Driver Downloads
Do you want to install the HP Color Laserjet Pro mfp m477fdw drivers in your Windows or Mac operating systems? We provide you step by step instructions on how to download and install the driver files in the system. Based on the operating system versions, the file format varies. So while HP Laserjet Pro M477FDW Setup downloading, make sure that you type the operating system version for the proper file format. Make an attempt to install the full feature driver to utilize all the latest printer features in the printer or install the basic driver.
HP Laserjet Pro M477FDW Printer Installation Steps
Unbox the printer and eradicate all the packing materials from the printer. Install the ink cartridges into their slot. Once you are done with the step, plug in the power cord to the rear of the printer and to the electrical socket. After the connection process, you need to install the HP Color Laserjet Pro mfp m477fdw drivers and software to print from the printer.
Avail the steps on how to install the HP Laserjet Pro M477FDW Printer driver and software in the system and how to include the name of the printer in the list.
Connect the Mac PC to the printer and then install the driver in the system. Make use of the instructions for the HP Laserjet Pro M477FDW Setup installation process.
To print a document, you need to insert the plain paper into the input tray. Modify the print settings, if necessary. You can take any number of printouts from the printer in black cartridge. Now, click the print option to start printing. Avail the duplex printing option in the printer. It is not necessary to flip the pages as the printer supports Automatic Duplex Printing. Install the compatible app on your mobile phone to print the documents from your HP Laserjet Pro M477FDW Printer.
Position the documents or photos into the Automatic Document Feeder with the printed side facing upwards. Modify the paper width guides to fit the size of the document or photo. Tap on the copy icon on the printer’s control panel. Tap on the Settings icon and then tap on two sided button. Now, tap the Start Copy button to begin copying of the document. You can also copy both sides manually but you need to flip the pages after performing each copy job.
Place the document or photo on the scanner glass based on the engraved guides. Place the document with the printed side down on the scanner glass. Tap the scan icon on the control panel of the HP Laserjet Pro M477FDW Printer. Tap the Scan to HP Laserjet Pro M477FDW Setup network icon. Choose the folder where you wish to store the document or photo from the list of network folders. If you wish to modify the settings, tap the Settings button and then tap Scan to begin the scan job.
Configuring Security on Printers with a Public IP Address
Step 1: Utilize the HP Embedded Web Server to alter or modify IP configuration settings. Based on the type of control panel, the steps may differ.
Step 2:Access the HP Embedded Web Server. For 2-line control panels, click OK button on the printer’s control panel. Select Network Setup->Show IP address.
Step 3: To view the IP address from touchscreen control panel, tap Connection Information->Network Connected or turn on the Network Wi-Fi.
Step 4: Access the Web Server and enter the IP address or host name as it screens on the control panel of the HP Laserjet Pro M477FDW Printer. The EWS window screens.
Step 5: Select the Networking tab to acquire network information. Alter the settings, if required.
Step 6:Make use of the printer’s control panel to set the IPv4 address, subnet mask and default gateway manually. Depending on the control panel, steps may differ.
Step 7:For 2-line control panel, click the OK button on the printer’s control panel. Utilize the arrow keys and the OK button.
Step 8:Utilize the arrow keys and the OK button to key in the AP address, subnet mask and default gateway and then tap on the OK button.
Step 9: On the printer’s control panel, tap the Setup button. Access the Network Setup->TCP/IP configuration->Manual. Utilize the keypad on the touchscreen to type the IP Address
Step 10: Make use of the keypad to type the subnet mask, default gateway and then tap the OK button.
HP Laserjet Pro M477FDW Printer Toner Cartridges
Utilize the toner cartridges that are authentic and provides high-quality printouts. While purchasing, look for the QR code which helps you to detect whether the toner cartridges are authentic or unauthentic. Utilize the high-yield cartridges which print number of printouts than normal. Make use of the steps for HP Laserjet Pro M477FDW Setup installation.
- Unlock the front door by pressing the button on the left panel. Hold the blue handle on the toner cartridge drawer.
- Drag the drawer out and hold the handle on the toner cartridge.
- Take out the toner cartridge from the printer’s shipment box.
- Drag the release tab on the packaging to release the toner cartridge.
- Shake the HP m477fdw toner cartridge for even distribution of the toner inside the cartridge.
- Do not place the toner cartridge in light unnecessarily.
- Place the toner cartridge into the drawer, seal the toner cartridge drawer and front door.
HP Laserjet Pro M477FDW Printer Troubleshooting
While trying to print a document or photo, the printer does not print. This indicates that the printer is experiencing certain issues at the time of printing, Make your print jobs work easier and faster with the troubleshooting steps and solutions. To avoid such issues, upgrade the HP Color Laserjet Pro mfp m477fdw drivers and also update the firmware for the printer.
Lines or Streaks
- Examine whether the issue mainly occurs due to Automatic Document Feeder glass or the flatbed glass.
- Wipe the ADF glass and white strip on the beneath the scanner lid.
- Ensure that they are not multiple devices installed on the system.
- Make certain that the device has the latest firmware version installed.
- Restart the printer and system again to solve the HP Laserjet Pro M477FDW Setup quality issue.
- Ensure that you do not usea scrub as it may damage the scanner surface.
- Make use of a clean and damp cloth to clean the scanner glass which may solve the issue and then try to print.
- Select Add a printer or scanner and then make sure to customize the printer.
Printer Does Not Pick up Paper or Misfeeds
- Examine whether there is any jammed paper inside the printer. If so, try to eliminate it from the printer.
- Insert the tray with the correct size of paper for the print job.
- Ensure that the paper type is customized on the printer’s control panel.
- Ensure that the paper width guides are modified correctly for the paper size.
- Examine the humidity in the room within the HP Laserjet Pro M477FDW Printer specifications.
- Make certain that the tray is not overfilled with stacks of papers.
- Wipe the rollers with a clean and damp cloth to clean the dust accumulated.
Resolving Print Quality Problems
- Check whether the HP Laserjet Pro M477FDW Setup toner cartridge level is very low, if it is low, substitute with the new cartridge.
- Make certain that the HP Laserjet Pro M477FDW Printer is within the supported temperature/humidity range.
- Ensure that the HP Color Laserjet Pro mfp m477fdw drivers and print settings are similar to media inserted in the tray.
- Make an attempt to use a different ream of media or a different tray and print mode.
- Release the cartridge and then make an attempt to distribute the toner.
- Try to print the Supply status page and examine the usage of the cartridge.
- Ensure that the paper type, size and weight are compatible with the printer.
- In case the faxes are sending slowly, try to send the fax when the landline conditions have improved.
- Deactivate the Error Correction setting on the control panel.
- Navigate to Setup Menu->Service Menu->Fax Service Menu.
- Enable the Error Correction Mode in the fax settings to avoid loss of data.
- On the Fax Service menu, move to Error Correction Menu and choose Off.
- Make use of the original paper type and increase the fax speed setting.
- Modify the fax settings on the HP Laserjet Pro M477FDW Setup control panel to a lower resolution.
Fax Error Messages
- In case the printer’s control panel displays, an error while receiving the fax from the recipient.
- Detach the telephone cable from the wall socket for a few seconds.
- Attach the telephone cable into a jack for another phone line.
- Tap the setup icon on the control panel of the HP Laserjet Pro M477FDW Printer.
- Now, Select the Windows logo in the bottom-left corner of the screen.
- On the printer control panel, select the printer model from the list.
- Now, make sure to tap devices and then select Printers & scanners.
- Select Add a printer or scanner and then make sure to customize the printer.
Troubleshoot Fax Codes and Trace Reports
- If the error code is 232, there is a communication failure between the two machines that is the fax.
- To solve the issue, make an attempt to resend the fax at a different time.
- Deactivate the Error Correction Settings to solve the HP Laserjet Pro M477FDW Setup issue.
- Print the Fax trace report which solves the fax transmission problems.
- Tap the Setup icon from the home screen of the HP Laserjet Pro M477FDW Printer control panel.
- Tap the Service menu and then tap on the Fax service menu.
- Tap on the Print T.30 Trace button and then tap on the Now Button to print the fax trace report.