HP Laserjet Pro M402N Printer
HP Laserjet Pro M402N Printer finishes the job faster and delivers complete security to guard against threats. It helps you save energy with HP Auto-On/Auto-Off Technology. Print easily from a variety of smartphones and tablets without the requirement of an app. Print more pages in a flow with an optional 550-sheet tray.
- The printer supports ePrint for Android devices, AirPrint for Mac and Google Cloud Print.
- Simple setup and installation procedure, the print works right out of the box and is super fast.
- The printer can print up to 38 pages per minute (ppm) on A4 and 40 ppm on letter-size paper.
- The printer has Tray 1 with 100-sheet capacity and Tray 2 with a 250-sheet capacity.
- You can print more pages in a flow with an optional 550-sheet tray without any interruptions.
- The OS X print driver and print utility are available for download on our website.
- Print right away with pre-installed HP Laserjet Pro m402n Toner cartridges and you can replace them with optional high-yield cartridges.
Software and Driver Downloads
Download the user manual from our website and follow the step-by-step instructions given in the user manual. Update the driver for your HP Laserjet Pro m402n Printer by downloading the free driver on our website. The updated driver is always available on our website, so make sure that your printer has the latest version for better performance. You can start printing only after installing the driver and software. After the installation, try to print a sample document to check the performance of your printer.
HP Laserjet Pro m402n Printer Installation Steps
Please confirm if your printer is set to download the driver software automatically. If not manually download the software from our website. Choose your printer’s name in your system to configure the printer driver. Follow the on-screen instructions and install the software. You can print a test document to check the printer’s performance.
Connect your HP Laserjet Pro m402n Printer to your Windows system and also get the required drivers and manuals from us.
Get your printer and your Mac system connected and also get the HP Laserjet Pro m402n Driver needed for your printer with instructions.
The USB port can be enabled from Embedded Web server. Select the print tab in EWS. Select Retrieve from USB Setup, then choose Enable Retrieve from USB and click Apply. Confirm if the USB flash drive is inserted into the easy-access USB port and proceed to the next step. Once the printer detects the USB flash drive, select the OK button for it to access the drive. Select the document and alter the number of copies that should be printed and click the OK button.
Remove any protective cover or tape from the Ethernet port on the rear of the printer. Turn on the printer. Connect the one end of the Ethernet cable to an available port on the network router, switch, or hub and connect the other end to the HP Laserjet Pro m402n Printer port. Go to our website and download the updated driver. Follow the on-screen instructions to open the download file to start the setup. When there is an indication to choose a connection type, select Wired Network.
HP Laserjet Pro m402n Printer Ink Cartridge/Toner Cartridges
The printer indicates when the toner cartridge’s level is low. The life of the cartridge may vary. Always make sure that the toner cartridge that is going to be installed is not damaged. To prevent damage, do not expose the HP Laserjet Pro m402n toner cartridge to light for more than a few minutes. Do not touch the imaging drum as it may cause print-quality problems.
HP Laserjet Pro m402n Ink Cartridge Replacement
- Unbox a new cartridge from the package. Unwrap the tape and packing material from the cartridge.
- Make sure that the cartridge is held in such a way that the copper strips are on the bottom facing the printer.
- Unlock the ink cartridge access door and place the cartridge in the holder.
- The ink cartridges must always be aligned to maintain best print quality.
- Choose Align the Print Cartridge option in HP solution center and click OK.
- This will align the ink cartridges and if there is any error the issue will be notified.
- If there is an issue try to replace the cartridge and try to print a sample document.
HP Laserjet Pro m402n Ink Cartridge Refill
- Unlock the ink cartridge access door and remove the empty cartridge from your printer.
- Place the empty cartridge on a paper towel.
- Locate the ink fill holes by rubbing your finger across the cartridge.
- Use the syringe from the refill kit and fill it with the ink.
- Slowly penetrate the needle in the refill hole of the cartridge.
- Make sure that you don’t overfill the cartridge.
- Cover the ink refilled hole with scotch tape and place the cartridge back in the holder.
HP Laserjet Pro m402n Printer Troubleshooting
When your printer doesn’t work first check your user manual to resolve the issue. Reset the printer settings which is the basic step to resolve any printer issue. If the issue is still present, uninstall the printer software and restart the computer and re-install the printer software. Try to print a sample document to check the printer’s performance.
Printer Does not pick up paper or misfeeds
- Make sure that the printer is placed on a flat surface and the input tray doesn’t bend.
- Remove any paper that doesn’t meet the requirements.
- Make sure that the paper guides are adjusted correctly.
- Thoroughly check the rollers for torn pieces of paper.
- Check for any jammed paper in the input tray.
- The carriage should move freely across the width of the HP Laserjet Pro m402n Printer.
- Confirm that the tray is not overfilled, remove any extra sheet of paper.
Resolving Print Quality Problems
- Try to print from different software, if the page prints correctly then the software must be replaced.
- If the level of ink in the cartridge is low, then replace it.
- If the cartridge used is damaged, then replace it.
- Use the automatic cleaning tool to clear out any smears.
- Update your HP Laserjet Pro m402n Driver to increase the performance of your printer.
- Check if the cartridge used is Genuine HP cartridge.
- Clean the printhead regularly by navigating to Tools on the printer’s control panel.