HP Laserjet Enterprise 700 color MFP m775dn
HP Laserjet Enterprise 700 color MFP m775dn is an all-in-one that can perform print, scan and copy operations. The printer can print out the first page as fast as 10.5 seconds. Requires 4 ink cartridges which include black, cyan, magenta, yellow. Supports a number of page sizes up to A3. With the touchscreen on the printer’s control panel, you will be able to easily preview, edit and digitally send documents at the device. Manage the color printouts easily with the HP color access controls.
- Can print up to 30 ppm in color and black in the normal mode.
- The HP Laserjet 700 color mfp m775 printer can handle up to 120,000 pages per month.
- Can be connected to a wirelessly with the help of an additional hardware.
- Compatible with both Windows and Mac OS.
- Has a 100-sheet multipurpose tray, a 250-sheet input tray, and a 100-sheet ADF.
- Energy Star certified and consumes less power compared to conventional printers.
- Supports mobile printing services like HP ePrint, Apple AirPrint etc.
First Time HP Laserjet Enterprise 700 color MFP m775dn Setup
The contents of the box may vary depending on the region you live in. Check the back of the box to know what’s inside it. However, you should find a printer, power cable, 4 ink cartridges, and documentation. Before installing the printer, make sure the temperature in the room is between 15° to 30° Celsius. To learn how to setup your HP Laserjet Enterprise 700 color MFP m775dn printer properly for the first time, read the instructions in the document below.
Step 1:Take out the printer from the box and place it on a flat surface. Remove the plastic tape from both the inside and the outside of the HP Laserjet 700 color mfp m775 printer.
Step 2:Load the paper by opening the tray 2 and sliding out the front and the side paper width guides. Place the paper in the tray and adjust the paper width guides accordingly.
Step 3:Connect the Ethernet cable to set up your printer on a network connection. If you’re going to set up your printer on a USB connection, do not connect the USB cable now.
Step 4:Insert one end of the power cable into the printer and the other end into the power socket.
Step 5:Turn on the printer by clicking on the power button. Finish the initial setup by setting the language, location, date and time etc.
Step 6: On a USB setup, make sure the HP Laserjet Enterprise 700 color MFP m775dn printer is not in the sleep mode during the software installation.
Step 7:On FutureSmart 3 printers, scroll to the Administration button on the printer’s control panel and print a test page.
Step 8:On FutureSmart 4 printers, scroll down and select Reports. Click on Configuration/ Status pages and print a test page.
Step 9:If the test page gets printed, your HP Laserjet 700 color mfp m775 printer has been set up properly. Be sure to update the firmware if necessary.
HP Laserjet Enterprise 700 color MFP m775dn Installation Steps
Once you have set up your printer’s hardware and is ready to be used, it is time for you to download and install the driver software for your printer on the computer. Driver software is an essential for you to start using the HP Laserjet 700 color mfp m775 printer to perform print, scan and copy operations. Follow the steps in the document to learn how to install your printer and start using it.
Download and install the right driver software for the version of your operating system and connect the HP Laserjet Enterprise 700 color MFP m775dn printer.
Connect the HP Laserjet Enterprise 700 color MFP m775dn printer to your Mac and download the printer drivers using the Apple Software Updater.
Default Admin Password
The default admin password is an 8 digit code that can now be changed to another 8 digit code of user’s choice with the introduction of FutureSmart Bundle Version 3.2.3. Alphabets and special characters cannot be used in the password. By updating the password, the users will not have access to applications they were previously using.
Step 1 :Changing the PIN using Embedded Web Server
- Open the EWS by entering the device’s IP address in your web browser.
- Go to the security tab to find the device administrator password.
- Change the administrator password in the Set Service Access code tab.
Step 2 : Changing the PIN using the Device Preboot menu
- Go to the preboot menu by clicking on the HP icon in the control panel.
- Scroll down to the Administrator selection. Select the Change Svc PWD selection.
- Enter the PIN that you want to set as the password and click OK.
Step 3 : Account lockout
- The account lockout feature protects the account from brute force hacking attempts.
- After a number of failed authentication attempts, the HP Laserjet 700 color mfp m775 printer temporarily stops further attempts for an interval.
- The account lockout feature works for EWS password, Remote configuration password, and SNMPv3 passwords.
Step 4 : Password complexity
- This feature requires that the passwords contain an upper case character, a lower case character, numbers and special characters.
- The minimum password length is 8 characters.
- An error message will be displayed on failing to satisfy the above requirements.
Set up Scan to Network Folder
You can use your Laserjet M775DN to scan documents directly to the shared folder on your network. You need to enable HP Embedded Web Server to be able to use this feature. You also need to configure the shared folders to allow access to the HP Laserjet Enterprise 700 color MFP m775dn printer to save the document. Follow the steps below to learn how to do that.learn more
Replacing the Transfer Kit
To replace the transfer kit on your HP Laserjet Enterprise 700 color MFP m775dn printer, open the right door and pull out the transfer unit. Be sure to not touch the black surface of the belt on the top of the transfer unit. The transfer unit is a sensitive unit, be careful when you handle it. For step-by-step instructions on how to replace the transfer unit, click on Read more.learn more
HP Laserjet 700 color mfp m775 Toner Cartridges
Whenever your HP Laserjet Enterprise 700 color MFP m775dn printer displays an error message that the cartridge needs to be replaced, check the ink levels in the cartridge before you replace them. Check if there are any leaks or dust accumulated in the cartridge. Follow the instructions in the document below to replace the cartridge without causing any chaos.
Step 1: Remove the cartridge.
- Open the front door completely. You must now be able to see the cartridge.
- Hold the cartridge by its handle and pull it out to remove it.
- Check for the presence of any dust or leaks and see if the cartridge has been damaged.
Step 2: Replace the cartridge
- Take out the new cartridge from its package.
- Gently rock the cartridge to distribute the ink evenly.
- Remove the plastic tape from the cartridge before you install it.
Step 3: Align the cartridge
- Slide in the toner cartridge into its slot to its maximum.
- Push on the cartridge to lock it into its position.
- Close the door and align the cartridge using an alignment page.
HP Laserjet 700 color mfp m775 Troubleshooting
It is not an isolated incident for your HP Laserjet 700 color mfp m775 printer to start having problems. In fact, the problems may occur much more frequently if proper care is not being taken. Each error is different and it is important that you use the right set of instructions to fix it. Learn how to resolve your HP Laserjet Enterprise 700 color MFP m775dn printer errors in the document below.
Error codes are an indication that something is not right with the HP Laserjet Enterprise 700 color MFP m775dn printer. Each error code represents a particular error that can range from address book errors to supply memory errors. First, note down the error code and find out what error it is before you can fix it.
- For an address book error, open the EWS using the IP address of the device.
- Click Help on the upper right corner to know more. Select Scan/Digital Send.
- Select Address Book and then Enable Network Contacts. Click Add.
- Verify the LDAP settings and click TEST. Select OK.
- Retry the test if it fails. Contact our customer care to get technical support.
- For a supply memory error, Open the front door and remove the cartridge.
- Reinsert the cartridge properly and close the door. If the error still persists call us.