HP Envy 7645 Troubleshooting
Suppose your printer is not functioning properly, it may display an error message. These issues are related either to the hardware or software, or connection issues between the printer and the computer. To check the status of the printer, print an internal test or configuration page. It is a good option to ensure that the printer is turned on and connected to the PC. Few general printer issues and HP Envy 7645 troubleshooting steps are listed below.
HP Envy 7645 Printer Offline
Sometimes, when you select the print option, you may observe that nothing happens. You may view that a Printer Offline message displays. The printer might go offline due to a number of reasons. You need not freak out as you can get your printer back online. Some other possibilities are that the offline message might display when the USB cable is unplugged or if the printer is powered off. Follow the HP Envy 7645 troubleshooting steps given below to resolve the issue.
- You can restart the printer by turning it off and turning it back on again. Make sure that the computer completes the restart process and only then proceed to the next step.
- Also, you need to ensure that the printer is connected to the computer with a compatible network connection. Verify if the light on the back of the printer is flashing green.
- Now, select the Start button, then click Devices and Printers and then select Printer. Choose Use Printer Offline to remove the check mark and then check the online status.
- Make sure that you open a Web browser to download the latest driver compatible with your printer. In order to install it, follow the on-screen instructions on the printer’s control panel.
- Ascertain that you remove multiple printers from the list of printers and then delete the printer queue from the list and then add it again. To check the status, print a test page.
Network Scanner Connection Error
There is a possibility that you may be having trouble with the network connection when trying to scan a document, if the computer or scanner is not found or the scan fails. On pressing the start button on the scanner, if you are unable to scan, ascertain that you restart the computer after installing the scanning software. You can follow the basic HP Envy 7645 troubleshooting instructions given below that may guide you to resolve the network scanner connection error.
- It is essential to confirm that the issue is print-related, then restart devices and verify the driver scan settings. Now, check the network and printer connection status.
- Download HP Print and Scan Doctor for your Windows. Once you complete the download process, you can try reinstalling the HP software and then verify the WIA settings.
- Whereas, download HP Utility for your Mac OS. Ascertain that you remove the printer from the print queue and then re-add it to clear any error states with the printer setup.
- In order to support printer scanning functions, make sure that you uninstall the printer driver and software and then after sometime reinstall the latest scan driver and software.
- If the issue persists, ensure that you download an app compatible with your OS. If all the above steps failed to resolve the issue, you can try resetting the print system.
Print Jobs Stuck in Print Queue
The printer might not print if a print job is stuck in the print queue. Due to the fact that the print job cannot be deleted or canceled, it prevents further print jobs. You may notice that the Delete Job button may appear gray and does nothing when clicked. Various reasons such as a power outage can cause this issue, but it always involves the printing process.
You can follow the step-by-step HP Envy 7645 troubleshooting procedure given below that may guide you to resolve the issue.
- Check for error states and close any apps or files that are open. In case a printing or a scanning-related error message displays on the printer display or the computer, resolve the error.
- Ensure that you download the latest driver for your OS. The driver format for your OS varies. Type your printer model and then follow the on-screen instructions to reinstall the driver.
- Due to an interruption in the communication between the computer and printer, the error may occur. Select your network connection and check if the connection is secure.
- Search for multiple devices in the Printers list and then remove any extra entries that might exist. Also, remove the printer queue from the list of printers, and then add it again.
- Try resetting the printer as it forces the printer to reset stored values in the firmware. Whereas, resetting the Print System deletes all devices in the Printers & Scanners queue.
Printer Not Responding
Sometimes, when printing a document or photo, the message ‘Printer not responding’ might display. The error indicates that the system is unable to communicate with the printer. Initially, check the connection between the printer and the system. Choose your desired connection type, then follow the instructions to make sure that the connection is working. You can follow the basic HP Envy 7645 troubleshooting instructions given below that may guide you to resolve the issue.
- Reset the printer as it allows the printer to reset stored values in the firmware. Now, try to print again. You can stop troubleshooting, if the printer prints. If not, proceed to the next step.
- Ensure that you remove multiple printers from the printer list and then remove any extra entries. If you view multiple printer queues for the same printer, remove them all.
- In order to create a new printing session, remove the printer queue from the list of printers, and then add it again. Select the printer model and then tap Add to add your printer.
- If you find that the above troubleshooting steps did not resolve the HP Envy 7645 troubleshooting issue, try resetting the printing system. You can download a good compatible app based on your OS.
- For your Windows system, Update the printer firmware, then create a manual connection (network connections only). Now, add a printer port to Windows that matches this new IP address.
Black Ink Not Printing
Once you complete setting up the printer, if you observe that black ink is missing or faded on your printouts, ascertain that you remove the black cartridge and print only with the tri-color cartridge. This may enable the printer to operate in a single-cartridge mode, which creates composite black from the tri-color cartridge. The basic HP Envy 7645 troubleshooting instructions given below may help to resolve the issues such as a streaked or faded printout, ink streaks or smears, etc.
- You need to press the Power button to turn on the printer. It is advisable to ensure that you slide the fingers into the left and right slots to open the cartridge access door.
- You may notice that the carriage moves to the cartridge access area. Now, lift the lid on the ink cartridge slot to release it and then carefully push the lid back until it stops.
- Remove the black ink cartridge from its slot. Lift the lid, then carefully push the lid back and then remove the cartridge. Now, set the black cartridge aside and then close the door.
- Let the black cartridge rest with the nozzles facing up for several hours, if the printer operates correctly in single-cartridge mode.
- Reinstall it and then try to print again.
- If the printer does not operate correctly in a single-cartridge mode or you are not satisfied with the print quality after reinstalling the black cartridge, contact us on our Toll-free number.