HP Envy 5642 Scanner Software
HP Envy 5642 Scanner Software is an essential tool required for the printer to be able to scan a document. Scanner software can also be defined as the brain of the scanner that allows it and guides it through the scanning process. It can also be defined as the tool to enable the printer’s ability to scan documents. The feature set and the functionality of a scanner also depends upon the type of HP Envy 5642 Scanner Software installed in the printer.
HP Envy 5642 Scan Multiple Pages
There can be times when there is a need to scan a number of pages to a single document. Well scanning the whole document one page after another and binding all the individual files into a single document after aligning the pages may seem practical if few pages is the case, but it just isn’t an option when it comes to dealing with large volume. By following the steps mentioned below you can scan multiple pages into a document and save a lot of time.
- Double click the printer icon and open the HP Envy 5642 Scanner Software on your computer. Select scan a document or a photo option and place a document on the scanner glass with the printed side facing down.
- Be sure to check if the Show Scan Preview option is enabled and set the scan resolution to 300 DPI or something less than that. Also, be sure to select the output file type from the menu.
- Once all that is done, see if the Create Individual Files option is unchecked, if not it is going to create individual files for each page and scan the first page of the document.
- After the first page is scanned, use the + button below the Scan Preview till all the necessary pages have been scanned. Click on the Save button after you are done scanning the whole document.
- This will let the printer scan the multiple pages of the document and create a single file in the file format selected at the chosen destination.
HP Envy 5642 Scan To Computer
The HP Envy 5642 has the ability to scan documents directly to your computer and the feature can come in really handy when you want to save something physical as a digital document or transfer it to someone either through email or any other medium. Before you can transfer the documents, make sure you have the full-featured printer driver installed because, with the basic mode, you cannot perform all the operations. To scan to a computer, you need to
- Place the document that you want to scan on the HP Envy 5642 Scanner Software glass and check if the computer is turned on and if the printer is connected to it either via USB or over a network.
- Make sure that the document or the photo have been placed with the printed side on the bottom (i.e) printed side facing the glass and check if it aligns with the lines on the scanner glass.
- Now to scan the document or the photo that has been placed on the scanner glass, click the scan option present in the control panel of the printer to start the scanning process.
- Select Computer as the option on the next screen to scan it to your computer and choose the name of the computer that you want to scan to. Choose Scan Shortcut to set a shortcut corresponding to the current document.
- On the next page, select the file type as which you want the document to be saved. JPEG for images and PDF for text and other documents. Select Start scan and the scanner saves the image in the specified location.
HP Envy 5642 Scan To Email
This feature can be used to automatically send the documents and photos that you scan using the printer directly to the entered email address. To take advantage of this feature that is available on your printer, you need to setup the printer over the network on a wireless connection. Before you begin the scanning process make sure the printer is connected to the internet by clicking on the wireless icon on the printer’s control panel.
- To create an email profile on your printer, click on the scan icon and select email from the menu. Enter your email address into the text box and then select done.
- A PIN will be sent to your email address, hit continue and enter the PIN you received in your email. Choose either Store email or Auto login based on how you want your information stored.
- Now to scan the documents, place the document in the HP Envy 5642 Scanner Software and align it according to the lines present on the scanner glass for the whole document to be scanned properly.
- Click on the scan icon on the control panel of the printer, and select email to send the document that you are scanning. Select the email that you want to use and click Continue.
- Choose the name of the email you want to send the document to and enter the password if required and scan the document. A scanned copy of the document will now be sent to your email.
HP Envy 5642 Scan To PDF
Most people prefer PDF as the file format when it comes to sharing through a medium for a number of reasons, out of which file integrity is one. Also, scanning the document to a format and converting it to PDF to transfer it is not only time consuming but super inconvenient. But one of the features of HP Envy 5642 is its ability to save the scanned document as PDF in the memory. To know how to do it, follow these steps.
- Check if the computer is turned on and has the printer connected to it either through USB or the network. Now place the document that you have to scan on the HP Envy 5642 Scanner Software glass.
- Make sure that the printed side is facing the scanner glass and if it is aligned with the lines on the scanner glass and close the lid so you could start the printing process.
- Hit the scan icon and choose the place where you want it to be saved, it can either be the Computer or the added email address. Select the name of the computer/account.
- On the next page, select the document format as PDF. This will stop you from being able to edit the final document that will be saved to your device. Click on start scan.
- The scan will begin and the image or the document that was scanned will be saved as a PDF in the selected destination. You can view the file or share it through email or other mediums.