HP Envy 5540 Troubleshooting
In few cases, you may notice an error message if the printer does not function properly. These issues are mostly related to the hardware or software, or connection issues between the printer and the computer. Initially, to check the status of the printer, print an internal test or configuration page. It is a good option to ascertain that the printer is turned on and connected to the PC. Few common printer issues and HP Envy 5540 Troubleshooting steps are listed below.
HP Envy 5540 Troubleshooting Not printing
There are various reasons as to why your printer won’t print. You can check whether there is an error message or warning light on the printer, make sure there is a paper in the tray, verify if the ink cartridges are empty, the USB cable is plugged in or the printer is connected to the Wi-Fi. Also, make sure that the correct printer is selected in the program you are printing from. You can follow the step-by-step HP Envy 5540 Troubleshooting procedure given below to resolve the issue.
- Restart your computer, printer and wireless router. Also, verify if the printer is connected to your network by printing a Wireless Network Test report from the printer’s control panel.
- Now, in the Diagnostic Results, check the status of the printer and also ascertain that your wireless router is turned on and functioning properly. Verify the network name.
- Ensure that you reconnect the printer to your network. In case you have restored your router, you may need to setup your printer again to work with the new router settings.
- Deactivate your VPN connection for time being and then try to print again. Later on compare the Printer’s Previous IP Address with the IP Address on the Wireless Network Test report.
- If they do not match, type the IP Address in the Printer’s Current IP Address field. Select the printer model, then click Save to update your software and then set a static IP Address.
Scanner Not Working
When you notice any message such as An error occurred communicating with the scanning device or the scanner stops working, there is a possibility that the scanner software might be corrupted. At the initial stage, try reinstalling the printer. But, in case reinstalling the printer doesn’t work, it is advisable to refer the printer manual. You can also follow the step-by-step HP Envy 5540 Troubleshooting procedure given below that may help you resolve the scanning problem individually and instantly.
- The first and the foremost step is to restart the computer and printer to restore a lost scan connection and then reconnect the USB cable to a different port on the computer.
- Make sure that you disconnect other USB devices that are unused. For your Windows, download HP Print and Scan Doctoror and download HP Utility, for your Mac OS.
- Also, check if there are any issues with the network connections. For Mac, you need to check the third-party firewall software settings and then uninstall the printer software.
- Make sure that you check for any installed printer devices, for Windows. Remove the printer from the print queue and then re-add it to clear any error states on your Mac OS.
- It is essential to uninstall the printer software before reinstalling the latest driver. After installing the latest drivers, if you find that the issue is still unresolved, reset the printer.
HP Envy 5540 Error Code
During certain circumstances, the printer might display an error message with numbers and letters and there may be no additional text describing the cause of the error. Generally, the alphanumeric codes differ as some may begin with 0x while others begin with a B or C. eg: B069A414, 0xc05d1281, etc. The error message may prevent you from printing until you clear the error. Follow the step-by-step HP Envy 5540 Troubleshooting procedure given below to resolve the issue.
- Turn on the printer. Wait for some time and then disconnect the USB cable from the rear of the printer. But, if your printer has a network or wireless connection, leave it connected.
- Now, take out the ink cartridges from the printer and with the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer and from the wall outlet or power strip.
- Wait for some time and then connect the power cord back into the wall outlet. Now, ensure that you reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer and check the connections.
- Turn on the printer, then reinsert the ink cartridges and then close the ink cartridge access door. If you are instructed to print a calibration page, select print and enter OK.
- In most cases, the HP Envy 5540 Troubleshooting issue may be resolved and you can continue printing. But, if resetting the printer by following the above steps did not resolve the issue, service the printer.
HP Envy 5540 Offline
The printer displays the Offline message when it cannot communicate with the printer. But sometimes, in a few network conditions, the printer might go offline unexpectedly. Some other possibilities are that the offline message might display when the USB cable connection has been disconnected or if the printer is powered off. You can follow the step-by-step HP Envy 5540 Troubleshooting procedure given below that may aid you in resolving the printer offline issue.
- Primarily try restarting the printer by turning it off and turning it back on again. Ensure that the computer completes the restart process and then proceed to the next step.
- Also, ascertain that the printer is connected to the computer with a compatible network connection. Ensure that the light on the back of the printer is flashing green.
- Now, select the Start button, then tap Devices and Printers and then select Printer. Choose Use Printer Offline to remove the check mark and then verify the online status.
- Ascertain that you open a Web browser to download the latest driver compatible with your printer. Follow the on-screen instructions on the printer’s control panel to install it.
- Ensure that you remove multiple printers from the list of printers and then delete the printer queue from the list and then add it again. Print a test page to check the status.
HP Envy 5540 Troubleshooting for Cartridges Missing
After installing an ink cartridge, you may notice any one of the error messages such as Cartridge Problem or Incompatible Cartridge or Cartridges Missing on the printer’s control panel. It is mandatory to ascertain that the cartridges are compatible. It is a good option to visit HP Sure Supply to check ink or toner cartridge compatibility or purchase replacement cartridges and other supplies. You can follow the step-by-step HP Envy 5540 Troubleshooting procedure given below to resolve the issue.
- The primary step is to switch on the printer. Open the ink cartridge access door and remove the ink cartridge from its slot. Ensure that you check the ink level of the cartridge.
- Now, ascertain that you disconnect cords and then take out the battery and ink cartridges. Carefully clean the electrical contacts on the ink cartridge and print carriage.
- Make sure that you carefully take out and then reinsert the ink cartridge again. Also, ensure that the ink cartridges are latched firmly into place and then try to print again.
- Now, try cleaning the ink cartridge and carriage contacts again as it can help resolve the issue. But, if these steps did not resolve the issue, proceed to the next step.
- After resetting the printer, replace the old ink cartridge with a new genuine HP ink cartridge. The error message may indicate which cartridge needs to be replaced. If necessary, service the printer.
HP Envy 5540 Troubleshooting for Paper Jam Error
In few circumstances, the printer might stop feeding pages and you may notice that a paper jam error message displays on the printer’s control panel. There is a possibility for the paper jam to be either real or false. But, sometimes, the printer might report a paper jam even if there is no jammed paper. You can follow the step-by-step HP Envy 5540 Troubleshooting procedure given below that apply to both real and false paper jams and resolve the paper jam error individually.
- The foremost step is to make sure that there is no jammed paper inside the printer, input tray, output tray, ink cartridge access area or the (Automatic Document Feeder) ADF.
- Also, ensure that the carriage moves freely across the width of the printer. It is advisable to use a flashlight to check if there are any paper or objects restricting the carriage.
- It is better to clear any paper jams by cleaning the page smears with an automated utility. After removing any jammed paper, insert a plain white paper and then try to print.
- Also, you can manually clean the paper feed rollers with a clean cloth. If necessary, ensure that you apply a moderate amount of pressure to remove dust or dirt buildup on the printer.
- In order to clear a false paper jam error, it is advisable to try resetting the printer and then try to print again. But, if the HP Envy 5540 Troubleshooting issue is unresolved, you can service the printer.