HP Envy 5540 Ink Cartridge
It is mandatory to install genuine HP Envy 5540 Ink Cartridge to acquire a good quality print of a document. After setting up the printer, the next step is to install the ink cartridges that shipped with the box. It is essential to ascertain that the ink cartridges are installed correctly. Also, there is a possibility that you may notice an error message if the cartridges are not installed correctly during the initial printer setup. Go through the steps given below.
HP Envy 5540 Ink Cartridge Installation
If you have bought a new printer or it’s time to replace an old, empty ink cartridge in the printer, it may just take few minutes. You can initially try switching on the printer and then remove the new ink cartridge from its package. Remove all the unwanted packing materials from it. Now, open the ink tray and then insert the new cartridge into its slot. You can follow the step-by-step procedure given below that may guide you to install the ink cartridge.
- You initially need to pull the edge of the ink cartridge access door to open it. Also, ascertain that the printer is plugged in properly and turned on to check the power connections.
- Now, remove the new ink cartridge from the package and ensure that you remove the protective tab on the HP Envy 5540 Ink Cartridge. Remove all the unwanted packing materials from it.
- The cartridges are provided with color indications on their tops. The ink cartridge with the blue top is the colored ink and the cartridge with the black top is the black ink.
- Note down that the ink cartridge generally has two small plastic tabs on its top near the sticker which indicates the ink number. Ensure that these tabs are closer to you.
- Ascertain that the color cartridge goes on the left side and the black cartridge on the right side. Carefully in
HP Envy 5540 Ink Cartridge Replacement
When you notice any error message to replace the ink cartridge, ascertain that you replace it as soon as possible. Also, it is a good option to replace any old ink cartridge that is low or out of ink with a new and genuine HP ink cartridge. In case you notice that the ink out light is flashing or is on, it indicates that there is a problem with the ink cartridge. It is advisable to replace the empty ink cartridge by following the step-by-step procedure given below.
- Do not take out the cartridge from its slot until you are ready to replace it with a new one. After receiving the replacement cartridge, switch on the printer by pressing the power button.
- Also, make sure that the power light is on, but not flashing. Now, lower the output tray and then raise the printer cover. Ensure that you press the ink button to check the printhead.
- Once you press the ink button, you may observe that the print head moves to the HP Envy 5540 Ink Cartridge replacement position. During certain circumstances, the power light might also flash.
- Now, raise the cartridge cover, then pinch the sides of the ink cartridge that you want to replace. Carefully remove the old ink cartridge with both hands and dispose of it properly.
- Ensure that you discard all the unwanted packing materials from the new ink cartridge. Also, make sure that it is carefully placed it into its slot and then shut the cartridge access door.
HP Envy 5540 Ink Cartridge Levels
Generally, printers play a major role in performing activities such as printing reports, letters, etc. Thus, it is essential to check the ink levels at regular intervals. Also, you can check the estimated ink levels if the prints suddenly look blurry, faint and unclear. These signs generally indicate that the printer might be low on ink. The step-by-step procedure given below may help you to save your print jobs preventing them from getting ruined or faded.
- You initially need to ascertain that the printer is properly connected to the computer. Make sure that you first connect it, if the printer is not connected to the computer.
- Now, search Windows for HP, then type the name of the printer on the control panel and then select the model from the list that appears. Select HP Solution Centre.
- You may notice the estimated HP Envy 5540 Ink Cartridge ink or toner levels display on the home window. But, for Mac OS, in the menu bar, select the Apple icon and then tap System Preferences.
- Now, choose Printers and Scanners, Print & Fax, or Print & Scan. After selecting the printer model, ensure that you tap Options & Supplies and then click the Supply Levels tab.
- For Windows, download HP Print and Scan Doctor and for Windows 10, Android and iOS device you can download HP Smart app. These apps help you to verify the ink levels.