HP Deskjet 2132 Troubleshooting
When there is a problem with your HP Deskjet 2132 printer and it stops working, it is time that you find out what the problem is and fix it to continue using your printer. Common printer problems that can occur are a paper jam, the printer can go offline, or the cartridge might stop printing. Follow the steps mentioned below to resolve the HP Deskjet 2132 Troubleshooting issue and put your printer back to work.
How to Solve HP Deskjet 2132 Offline for Windows
When there is a drop in the connection between the printer and the computer, the HP Deskjet 2132 printer may go offline and will not perform any operations. A message might appear on the computer screen stating that the printer is offline or that the printer is not responding. Follow the HP Deskjet 2132 Troubleshooting steps mentioned below to re-establish the connection between the two devices.
- If you are using Windows 8 or 10, try running the HP Print and Scan Doctor to check connectivity between the devices.
- Inside the Devices and Printers menu, set the printer as the default printer and resume the print job that was suspended.
- Reset the printer by unplugging the power cord with the printer turned on and reconnecting it after a minute.
- Make sure the correct port number is selected for the USB connection. Check if the USB cable is properly connected to the devices.
- Update the printer firmware and try printing a document using the printer to see if that has helped re-establish the connection between the devices using HP Deskjet 2132 Troubleshooting.
HP Deskjet 2132 Print Jobs Stuck in Print Queue
The HP Deskjet 2132 printer cannot print any documents when a print job is stuck in the queue. The print job that is stuck cannot be deleted or canceled. This issue has to be resolved before you can print any documents further. If the Delete Job button is grayed out and does nothing when clicked, follow the HP Deskjet 2132 Troubleshooting steps mentioned in the document.
- On windows, save the file that you want to print. Turn off the printer and unplug it.
- Reconnect the printer and restart it. Check if it prints the document.
- Use HP Print and Scan Doctor to see if it helps. Reinstall the printer driver if required.
- On a Mac, make sure you have the latest driver software. Check the printer connectivity.
- Remove multiple printers with the same name and delete the existing print queue.
- Reset the HP Deskjet 2132 printer and the printing system if necessary.
How to Solve HP Deskjet 2132 Offline for Mac
A message will be displayed on the screen stating that the printer is offline or that the computer could not find the printer. At this time, the printer will not accept any print jobs from the computer until the connection has been reestablished. The step by step HP Deskjet 2132 Troubleshooting solution on how to reestablish the connection between the printer and the computer are listed below.
- Turn off the printer and disconnect the USB cable from the printer. Plug it into the printer after some time and turn on the printer.
- Reset the printer by disconnecting the power cord while the printer is turned on and reconnecting it back after a minute.
- Inside the Printers and Scanners menu, remove multiple printers from the list and set your printer as the default printer.
- Delete the suspended print job and add your printer back to the list using the + sign at the bottom of the menu.
- Reset the printing system by right-clicking on an empty space in the list inside the HP Deskjet 2132 Printers and Scanners menu.
HP Deskjet 2132 Blinking Lights
Blinking lights in a printer denote an error, and the combination in which the lights are blinking can point to a specific error. The document below describes what the combinations mean and provides step by step HP Deskjet 2132 Troubleshooting instructions on how to resolve the error and put your printer back to work.
- If the resume light and the ink alert lights are blinking, clear the paper jam in your printer and inspect the ink cartridges.
- If only the resume light is blinking, clear the HP Deskjet 2132 paper jam that has occurred in the HP Deskjet 2132 printer.
- If the power light is blinking fast, close the cartridge access door properly.
- If the ink alert lights are blinking, make sure that the cartridges have been installed properly.
- If the resume light, power light, and both the ink lights are blinking, disconnect and reconnect the USB cable.
- If all the lights are off, make sure that the printer is receiving power.
HP Deskjet 2132 Color or Black Ink Not Printing
If the text or the image in the printed document is broken, faded or missing ink there is a good chance that it is a problem with the ink cartridges installed in the printer. Make sure that the cartridges installed in the HP Deskjet 2132 printer are genuine and check the ink levels to see if they need to be replaced. The Step by step HP Deskjet 2132 Troubleshooting instructions on how to solve the issue are mentioned below.
- Replace the ink cartridges if any of them are low or empty.
- Align the ink cartridge by placing an alignment sheet on the scanner glass.
- Click Start Copy Black or Start Copy Color depending on what cartridge you want to align.
- Clean the ink cartridges either with a soft cloth sprayed with water or using the automated tools.
- Identify which HP Deskjet 2132 cartridge is the damaged one and replace the problematic cartridge.
- Try printing a document to see if the HP Deskjet 2132 Troubleshooting error has been resolved or call our customer care.