HP Deskjet 2132 Ink Cartridge
When the ink levels in the toner are low, an error message will be displayed on the screen that the toner is empty or that it needs a replacement. There are times when the printer flashes an error message even when there is ink in the cartridge. Check if the cartridge you have installed is genuine and then proceed to replace the HP Deskjet 2132 Ink Cartridge in the printer.
- Do not remove the cartridge from the printer until you have the replacement cartridge ready to be replaced.
- Turn on the printer and wait till the printer is in the ready state. Open the cartridge access door and the carriage should move to the center.
- After the carriage becomes silent, push on the HP Deskjet 2132 Ink Cartridge to release it and then pull it out to remove it from the printer.
- Remove the new cartridge from its package and push it into the slot until it locks into position and close the cartridge access door.
- Align the new cartridge and try printing a document to check if the cartridges have been installed properly.
HP Deskjet 2132 Ink Cartridge Installation
Before you install an ink cartridge into the printer, make sure that the cartridge you have purchased is authentic. Most third party ink cartridges will not work with HP printers and can only damage the printer in the long run. The steps mentioned below in the document will help you install the HP Deskjet 2132 Ink Cartridge in your printer without any complications.
- Take out the new cartridge from the package and remove the plastic tab from the cartridge.
- Hold the cartridge by its plastic part and insert it with its copper contacts facing the printer.
- Push on it to lock it into position. Do the same to install the other cartridge into the printer.
- Close the cartridge access door after installing the cartridges and align the cartridge.
- Try printing a document to check everything works properly.
Checking HP Deskjet 2132 Ink Cartridge levels
Over time the ink levels in the ink cartridge may become low or the ink cartridge may go empty. Before you go out to purchase a new cartridge, it is important that you check the ink levels of the cartridges installed, because sometimes the “low ink level” alert may be false or there may be another reason why the cartridge may not be working.
- Load paper into the paper tray and turn on the computer. Wait till it becomes silent.
- On Windows, search for the HP folder and select the name of your printer. The HP Printer Assistant window must open.
- Select the Maintain Your Printer option and under the Device Services tab, select the Estimated ink levels option.
- On a Mac, open the Printers and Scanners menu, and select the name of your printer.
- Click on Open Print Queue and then on Settings. Select Utility and click Open Printer Utility.
- Select Supplies Status to know the ink levels of your cartridge.
Ink Cartridge Replacement
Check the ink levels in the cartridge before you proceed to replace it. Sometimes the error message displayed on the screen can be a false alarm. If the ink levels are low or if the cartridge has been damaged, follow the steps mentioned in the document to learn how to replace the ink cartridge properly and put the printer back to work.
- Load enough paper in the paper tray and turn on the printer. Open the cartridge access door and wait till the carriage becomes silent.
- Push on the cartridge to release it and pull it out of the slot.
- Unpack the new cartridge and remove the plastic tape from it. Slide in the cartridge into the slot with the copper contacts facing the printer.
- Push the cartridge in to lock it into place and close the cartridge access door.
- To align the HP Deskjet 2132 Ink Cartridge, lift the scanner lid and place the alignment page with the printed side facing down.
- Click Start Copy Black/Color to align the black or color cartridge.