HP Officejet Pro 8740 Scanner Software and Driver
After switching on the printer and customizing the scan settings on the printer, it is advisable to download the scanner driver and software. You can scan photos and documents, books, business cards, film, magazines and easily damaged originals like stamps with the help of the HP Officejet Pro 8740 Scanner Software. Sometimes, there is a possibility for the error to occur due to the network connection or an outdated driver. Once you resolve the issue, continue scanning.
Scan To Computer
Moving images from the scanner’s memory to the computer’s hard drive allows you to manage and view files with the help of the additional HP Officejet Pro 8740 Scanner Software installed on your system. Ensure that you make proper connections to transfer documents, as the computer is built to recognize and install most HP Officejet Pro 8740 Scanner Software and drivers without a problem. The basic steps given below may guide you to scan to the computer.
- Select the file type you want to save the photo or document to. Once you save the file in the computer, scan the item.
- Now, click the Scan option on the control panel, then tap Computer to scan to the connected computer and then choose the computer model you want to save the scan to.
- Ascertain that you select the scan-to type option that corresponds to the document or photo you are scanning. With this option, you can save the document as a PDF or JPEG file.
- You can scan the text documents that are not editable with the Save as PDF setting.
- The save as JPEG setting helps you to scan pictures and images.
- Select Yes to add another page to the same scan file or select No if you do not have another page to scan if you want to scan another item.
Scan to Email
Scanning and uploading documents can be a real time saver for your business or any other activity. With the scan to Email feature, you can easily send the documents to the recipient from your home or office, without the need to go to the post office. You can scan and retain personal documents and photos for archival purposes with this feature. The basic instructions given below may guide you to scan to the Email.
- In order to use this feature, you need to make sure to set up an email profile using the full-feature HP Officejet Pro 8740 Scanner Software installed on the computer or using the EWS on the printer.
- There is a possibility that you might be asked for SMTP (Simple Mail Transfer Protocol) server name, SMTP port number, or authentication information, during the profile setup process.
- If you want to obtain the information, it is advisable to contact the email/Internet service provider or system administrator. In order to scan the item, tap Scan on the printer control panel.
- Now, tap the Down Arrow and then select Email as PDF or Email as JPEG, based on the scan job type. Choose the name of the email profile that you created.
- If you are prompted, type the password and then scan the item. You may observe that the email automatically opens on the computer with the scanned item attached.
Scan to PDF
Nowadays, almost all printers are enabled with an additional feature to scan a document or picture and save it as a PDF file. The PDF format allows you to share information without the need of using a converter or other application. Also, scanning to a PDF is done through the HP Solution Center, an application that is installed with the HP Officejet Pro 8740 Scanner Software. You can follow the general prompts given below to scan a document or photo to PDF.
- Raise the scanner lid and then mount the document or picture you want to scan with the print side down on the scanner glass and then close the lid.
- Ensure that you select Start, then select All Programs and then open the HP Solution Center program. Select Scan Settings, then tap Scan Settings and Preferences and then tap Scan Document Settings.
- Now, select the down arrow next to Scan to and then click Save to file. Ensure that you tap the down arrow next to File type and then click PDF.
- Choose the Scan Document Setting button, then tap the down arrow under Resolution and then enter OK to save your desired Resolution setting.
- Select the Save to file Option and then select Browse.
- Now, navigate to the directory where you want to save the PDF file and then enter OK. Select the Scan button and then tap the Accept button to save the scan as a PDF.