HP Officejet pro 8740 Printer
- Driver Download
- Wireless Setup
- Scanner Driver
- Fax Setup
- Ink Cartridges
This HP Officejet Pro 8740 Printer has excellent print quality and paper capacity. It is designed with touch- screen control. This can be used as a printer, copier, scanner, and fax machine. It is compatible with Ethernet, Wi-Fi, Wi-Fi Direct, and NFC. You can print from scans to USB keys. It can able to access the photos saved on your mobile devices using the cloud printing technology.
- Multi-function 123.hp.com/ojpro8740 printer with high delivering speed.
- Its paper capacity works well for heavy duty small office purpose.
- Remarkable speed, paper handling, and quality.
- It is compact and even fits on your desk, easy to relocate.
- Produce high- quality documents and photos swiftly.
- It is compatible with the duplex printing feature. Enjoy double- sided printing.
- Act as a standalone copier and fax machine with the best quality.
Unboxing the HP Officejet Pro 8740 Printer
Step 1: The process starts with the unpacking the materials. eliminate the packing materials from the front , sides and rear side of your HP Officejet Pro 8740 Printer.
Step 2:Verify the list items being shipped. You will receive an ink cartridges, USB cable, software installation CD, a duplexer, and more.
Step 3:Utilize the USB cable which is delivered to connect the HP Officejet 8740 printer and computer, if you opt for the Wired connection mode.
Step 4:You have to access the scanner lid , cartridge access door to discard the packing materials and then lock the scanner lid and cartridge access door.
Step 5:Make use of the power cable to connect it to HP Officejet 8740 printer’s rear side and to the electrical supply.
Step 6:Power up the HP Officejet Pro 8740 Printer by using the power button, wait for a second until the printer is calm and then go with further steps.
Step 7:Go to the printer’s control panel, opt for the desired language and country/ region, and then click on the Yes option to save the changes.
Step 8:Open the scanner lid and cartridge access door. Check whether the carriage displaces easily in the access area and wait until the carriage is idle.
Step 9:Elevate the cartridge latch, remove the new cartridge from the package and then place the cartridges into its allotted slots.
Step 10:After inserting the ink cartridge successfully to its slot, lock the cartridge latch in order to secure the cartridge. Lower the cartridge access door and scanner lid.
Step 11:Place the paper into the input tray and then push the paper width guides against the edges of the paper and then click Done to get the ink cartridges aligned properly.
Step 12:Once the ink cartridge alignment is done, your 123.hp.com/ojpro8740 printer is all set. Try installing the HP Officejet Pro 8740 printer driver and software suitable for your printer model.
Step 13:Avail software CD along with the package. You can also opt to download it from our website.
Installation Steps of HP Officejet Pro 8740 Printer
Customizing the 123.hp.com/ojpro8740 printer is not a great task. With the aid of the CD which you got in the package, you can install the printer driver easily using the on- screen prompts. Getting the correct HP Officejet Pro 8740 printer driver from our website is also a great choice for the users looking for the newest version.
Get the instructions to connect the printer to computer operating with Windows operating system.
Here you go with the instructions to set up the printer to Mac computers. Check the OS version and follow the prompts.
Wireless mode of network connection is ideally preferred by many users because of its feasibility, and robustness. The Wireless setup instructions for Windows and Mac computers differ a little. Liable to the compatibility, and the feature supported by your printer, you can choose either Auto Wireless Direct, Wi- Fi Direct, Wireless Protected Setup. We provide the precise instructions for each platform. When setting up the printer over a wireless network, the computer, the router, and the printer should be within permissible range in order to attain maximum signal strength. Placing the devices which are responsible for emitting radio waves should be kept away from the 123.hp.com/ojpro8740 printer and router.
Wi- Fi Direct Password
It is one among the wireless connection modes which are used to connect the HP Officejet Pro 8740 Printer to the wireless network. This is secured method as you use a unique user name and password to get connected to the network. The password is not revealed until you share it.
- Power on the Wi- Fi direct button from the control panel of the printer.
- On the mobile device or computer you are using, affirm that the Wi- Fi radio is enabled and then link the HP Officejet Pro 8740 printer to Wireless direct or Wi- Fi as how you connect the printer to any other wireless network.
- If you enabled Wireless direct with security, enter the WPA2 password, when urged.
- If you have not done, use the prompts to install the 123.hp.com/ojpro8740 printer software. Click on the Wireless option.
- For mobile devices, install the newest version of the HP printer plug- in the application.
- For more queries, reach our professional experts and get more information.
Set up the printer for faxing
Here are the instructions to set up the fax. Go the printer’s control panel to set the region, time, date, and so on. Utilize the arrow buttons to select the System setup menu, and then click OK. With the aid of the arrow buttons set the clock either as 12-hour clock or 24-hour clock. The current time can be setup by using the keypad manually. Use the arrow buttons to move past the fourth character to set the 12-hour clock. click 1 for a.m. or 2 for p.m, click ok to save changes. With the aid of the arrow buttons choose the Fax setup menu, followed by OK. With the aid of the arrow buttons to choose the Fax header menu. Similarly, use the keypad to enter your fax number and your company name or header.
Send a fax
We provide the instructions for the users who are looking for how to send a fax. Customize the HP Officejet Pro 8740 Printer in order to function as a fax machine. Go through the instructions and learn to send the fax over the telephone line.
- To send a fax, place the document to be scanned on the scanner glass.
- You are not allowed to keep any sort of materials on the Automatic feeder tray when you go with the scanner glass option.
- Open the scanner lid of your HP Officejet 8740 printer, and then keep the original print side down on the left side of the scanner glass.
- Then lower the scanner lid of the HP Officejet 8740 printer carefully.
- Perform some changes to the settings to fax from the scanner glass of your printer. Go to printer’s control panel, and tap the Fax icon.
- Enter the fax number using the numeric keypad. Click on the Black or Color option, and then click Fax.You can fax the items required.
- You can even use Automatic Document Feeder as a platform to place the document to be faxed. Get back to us on our toll- free number to know more.
Ink Cartridges Replacement
Ink cartridge replacement is done when you find the ink cartridge you are using has turned fault, and does not provide remarkable printouts. Install the new ink cartridge after removing the faulty cartridge. Do not let the cartridge expose to the environmental factors to avoid drying of the cartridge. An unused ink cartridge usual has a protective covering. Remove it carefully before installing it into the HP Officejet Pro 8740 Printer. After powering up the printer, wait for a while until the printer is idle and then access the cover to replace a new cartridge. Affirm that you are installing the toner in the correct carriage for the new color. Subsequently, shut the 123.hp.com/ojpro8740 printer cover.Take a glance at steps, and call us to know more.
You can avail many types of scanner software for your 123.hp.com/ojpro8740 printer model. Download and install the software which is appropriate to your printer model. we offer guidelines for scanning using the software. Utilize this HP Scan and Capture to capture photos or documents from your printer or the camera which your computer has.Follow the prompts to install HP Scan and Capture on your PC. power up the printer, select the area where you want to place the original item, click on the HP Scan and Capture option. Get directed to settings followed by choosing your printer name from the sorted list. Click Document Scan, get back from the Settings menu, and click Capture Documents or Capture Photos. After the printer scans, save it. Know more
HP Officejet Pro 8740 Printer Troubleshooting
Network Scanner Connection Error
When the network connection is lost on the printer which acts as a scanner, the scanning process cannot be successful. Attempt to maintain the network connection properly, irrespective of the connection type.
Printer is Offline
When your HP Officejet Pro 8740 Printer control panel shows a printer offline error message, check the connection status. This issue encounters when the signal strength of the network connection is poor.
When the 123.hp.com/ojpro8740 printer encounters printhead issue, the print job fails, and does not provide the output at professional quality. Printhead issue can be resolved by cleaning or replacing the printhead.
Ink System Failure
Using unauthentic ink or toner results in ink system failure issue. If the message is displayed on the printer’s control panel, check the ink level. You can even replace the faulty ink cartridge, if required.