HP Officejet Pro 8710 Printer
- Driver Download
- Wireless Setup
- Scanner Software
- Fax Setup
- Ink Cartridge Installation
This efficient and highly functional HP Officejet Pro 8710 Printer is a tough competitor for other likes in the market. You can save up to 50% in cost per print with this printer, as compared to lasers. Not only is this an efficient printer, it also has the functions of copying, scanning and faxing inbuilt. Print two sided documents, scan directly to your email account, print from a variety of smartphones and mobile devices- keep your work-group proactive and productive with this 123.hp.com/setup 8710 printer.
- Print, scan, copy and fax
- Wired and Wireless printing
- Easy and swift mobile printing
- Duplex printing, copying and scanning available.
- Print at 50% reduced cost as compared with laser printers.
- Send scans to your email account directly from the 123.hp.com/setup 8710 printer.
- Increases the duplex printing speeds of the printer.
Unboxing HP Officejet Pro 8710 Printer
If you’ve already bought the HP Officejet 8710 printer, then we suggest you get it installed and configured right away. We’ve got all the information you’ll possible need for HP Officejet 8710 setup and installation. Read on and follow us step to step, your printer will be ready to use in hardly any time at all.
Step 1:This is the easy one. Simply take the printer out of the box and keep it on some flat surface. Take a look at the printer now, you’ll see a lot of stickers and tapes protecting the 123.hp.com/setup 8710 printer.
Step 2: Peel them off of the surface of the printer.Now check the printer box for other articles and accessories supplied with the printer. You should find a power cord (in black) inside the box.
Step 3:Connect one end of this power cord to the provision given at the rear of the HP Officejet Pro 8710 Printer.
Step 4: Connect the other end to an electrical socket and switch it on. To turn on the printer, press the Power button on the control panel of the printer.
Step 5:On the control panel, set the time and date. Also update your language and location preferences and click on Yes to confirm your choices.
Step 6:Now pull out the input tray of the printer and remove all the packaging material from it. Load a fresh stack of paper such that the short edge is forward and the print side faces down.
Step 7:Position the paper width guides along the edges of the paper and replace the input tray.
Step 8:Open the ink cartridge access door of the HP Officejet Pro 8710 Printer and wait for the carriage to become silent.
Step 9: Take out the new cartridge supplied with the printer, place it into its respective slot and slide it in till you hear a click.
Step 10:Your printer will start to align the cartridges if the printer configuration was done successfully.
Step 11:After the cartridges have been aligned, you can install the printer software. This is to make your printer functional.
Step 12: You can install the software by clicking on the link given in our website. The software gets downloaded based on the download capacity of your internet browser.
Step 13:Click on the downloaded file in the browser’s downloads bar or in the downloads folder.
Step 14:Follow the instructions displayed on the installer program and get the software configured on your 123.hp.com/setup 8710 printer.
Step 15:After configuring the required software, use your printer to print, scan or copy, based on your need.
HP Officejet Pro 8710 Printer Installation Steps
To get your printer installed over a Windows system, click on the link below and follow the instructions.
To install and configure your printer over a Mac system, use the guides in the link given.
Fax Setup of HP Officejet Pro 8710 Printer
HP Officejet Pro 8710 fax setup is simply taking a scan of any required document and then sending it across as a fascimile through a telephone or landline connection to any other device capable of fax. This feature is especially useful for sending and receiving signed copies of legal documents. This is also more secure to use than an Internet connection because it uses a landline connection.
Preparing the printer for faxing
- Before starting to fax, make sure you have a telephone/ landline, have ink cartridges installed on your HP Officejet Pro 8710 Printer, have fresh white sheets in the input tray and use a 2 wire phone adapter and phone cord.
- Ensure that the recipient machine also has fax enabled before you attempt to send out a HP Officejet Pro 8710 fax setup from your printer.
- Disconnect the telephone devices, the 2-EXT plug from your printer. Connect the answering machine phone card to the printer port.
- Click on Fax on the control panel of the 123.hp.com/setup 8710 printer, click on Fax Setup and then on Preferences. Select the Rings to Answer button and set it to 2 rings aboveyour answering machine settings.
- Click on Done and enable Auto Answer if it is turned off.
- Add the contacts from your phone book, choose the dial type and the speed for HP Officejet Pro 8710 fax setup.
- Give a header name for your fax job, set the ringer volume and run a test fax on your printer to see if the setup was successful.
Ink Cartridge Installation
HP Officejet Pro 8710 ink cartridge are the essential part of the printer and the printer is dysfunctional without them. To install the cartridges on your printer, slide them into the cartridge access area on your 123.hp.com/setup 8710 printer and lock them into place. Your printer will have to align the cartridges for printing. After the alignment is completed, your printer will print an alignment page.
Ink Cartridge Replacement
To replace the ink cartridges on your HP Officejet Pro 8710 Printer, use the following guidelines.
- Switch on the printer and hold the slot provided on the left of the printer. Open the cartridge access door.
- The carriage of your printer will slide to the left. Make sure to wait until the carriage becomes silent before you proceed.
- Release the old cartridge by pressing on the front of the cartridge and take it out by pulling it towards you.
- Take the new cartridge out of its packaging and hold it such that its electrical contacts face the front of the 123.hp.com/setup 8710 printer.
- Position the new cartridges according to the colored labels given in the printer and slide it forward till it clicks into place.
- Lifting the latch or handle on the cartridge can cause it to get improperly seated. Avoid doing this to prevent printing problems.
- Install all the other cartridges the same way and replace the cartridge access door.
To use your HP Officejet Pro 8710 Printer and print over a wireless network, you will have to connect it to the network in question. The connection can be established only if you know the name and the password of the wireless network. Your computer and printer must be connected to the same wireless network and all the devices in use should be turned on. Know more
A scanner is an essential tool in printing because it helps save copies of reports and documents as soft copies. This is an important aspect to be considered because saving documents as scans prevents loss of important data. You can print the scanned document after saving it and some HP Officejet Pro 8710 Printer also have the option of scanning directly to your email account. Know more
HP Officejet Pro 8710 Printer Troubleshooting
There may be a wide variety of reasons for your HP Officejet Pro 8710 not printing. The issue may be because of a physical connection error or a network connection error. In some cases,it may also be because of using outdated software. Solutions are available for both hardware and software issues, check out some troubleshooting measures here.
Sometimes, the HP Officejet Pro 8710 fax setup fails and an error message gets displayed on the control panel of the HP Officejet Pro 8710 Printer. If you were unable to send a fax to another fax number, verify that the receiver has fax enabled. Check the phone jack connections, secure them and try faxing again. If your problem is persistent, read on for more troubleshoot measures.
Ink Cartridge Errors
HP Officejet Pro 8710 ink cartridge errors occur when the cartridge is empty, the carriage is jammed or when they is improperly seated. The error message will get displayed on the control panel of the HP Officejet Pro 8710 Printer and can say anything from incompatible printhead to ink cartridge missing. Read on to know more about the troubleshoot measures that can be adopted for the same.
If you attempt to print on your network enabled printer and it says the HP Officejet Pro 8710 printer is offline, then it is most likely a network connection issue. Check the signal strength of the network, check if you have connected to the correct network and make sure that the 123.hp.com/setup 8710 printer and the computer are connected to the same network.