HP Officejet Pro 6978 scanning software
Start to scan the required document or photo directly from the Windows or Mac computers by using the HP Officejet Pro 6978 scanning software or Windows application. It is up to your choice of downloading and installing either full featured scan or basic version on your computer. Many scan software like HP Scan and Capture, Windows Paint, Windows Scan, HP Scan software, HP Solution Center software, are available among which you can choose the one which suits you.
HP Officejet Pro 6978 scan to email
In general, scanning and uploading documents can save your time because of the speed of the process. you can send the documents to the recipient from the comfort of your office or home using the HP Officejet Pro 6978 scan to email feature. You can also scan and save the documents as well and can be used whenever required with HP Officejet Pro 6978 scanning software. Trail the prompts provided below to scan to the Email.
- To avail this feature, you have to configure an email profile by means of the full-feature software which is installed on the computer or using the EWS on the HP Officejet 6978 printer.
- You might be asked to enter Simple Mail Transfer Protocol name, authentic information or SMTP port number during the profile setup process.
- You can avail this information by contacting the email/Internet service provider or system administrator. Then, click on Scan from the printer’s control panel to scan the item.
- Ascertain to push the Down Arrow and then choose Email as PDF or Email as JPEG, liable to the scan job type. Choose the name of the email profile which you have created.
- If urged, keyin the password and then scan the material. Now, you may see the email opens on the computer with the scanned item attached automatically.
HP Officejet Pro 6978 scan to computer
Alter some settings in your printer and get the scan of the required document and photo from your HP Officejet 6978 printer. Configure the printer settings from the control panel of the printer, and enable the scan option to make the printer to perform as a HP Officejet Pro 6978 Scanner. Rest the necessary documents in the HP Officejet Pro 6978 scan to pdf or on the scanner glass based on the preference, trail the prompts to finish scanning.
- Affirm that the HP Officejet 6978 printer is kept on and then commence to scan. You have to trail the instructions provided here to install the full- feature printer driver.
- Load the HP Officejet Pro 6978 Scanner glass or the Automatic Document Feeder tray with the materials whose scan is to be taken.
- Affirm that you have placed the document or photo based on the inscribed glass and width guides are adjusted to fit the material.
- Access the application which is installed on the Windows or Mac computers to HP Officejet Pro 6978 scanning software the photo or document .
- After the scanning process is done, save it to the preferred location which is provided in the scan settings of the HP Officejet 6978 printer.
Toll Free : 1-844-246-7458
HP Officejet Pro 6978 scanning software Setup
The HP Officejet 6978 printer helps you scan even from the inserted memory card by adjusting some settings to the printer settings. Include the photo or document as an attachment and send it via email, and scan to the computer wirelessly. Select a document, use the prompts, scan it by resting it either on the HP Officejet Pro 6978 Scanner glass, or in the HP Officejet Pro 6978 scan to pdf tray. Go to the printer’s control panel, change the settings, store the files to the target location on your personal computer.
- When you attempt to setup the printer, keep the HP Officejet 6978 printer on by using the power button. Unlock the printer’s flatbed scanner.
- Place the documents to be scanned on the Document feeder, or in the HP Officejet Pro 6978 scan to pdf, start a internet connection on your printer either by using Wired or Wireless mode.
- Click on the Settings option which is placed as the second icon on the control panel of the HP Officejet 6978 printer.
- Tap on the Wireless Setup Wizard option by swiping to the bottom of the page. Click Network SSID from the enlisted network, and choose home network.
- Key in the wireless passcode and the home network’s security key or passcode. Confirm the settings by clicking on the Okay option.
Scan to Memory Device
Affirm that your HP Officejet 6978 printer supports scan to a memory device feature, before you scan a item which is saved on your memory device. Affirm that you have cleaned the scanner glass carefully using a clean cloth. Utilize the steps below lets you scan the documents that are saved on your memory device.
- You have to place the photo or document you want to scan in the Automatic Document Feeder (HP Officejet Pro 6978 scan to pdf) tray or on the HP Officejet Pro 6978 scanning software glass. Then, push the Power button to switch on the HP Officejet 6978 printer.
- When placing the paper on the Scanner glass, affirm that you have placed the material with the print side facing down and then align it liable to the engraved guides around the glass.
- Subsequently, close the HP Officejet Pro 6978 Scanner lid. When scanning the document by placing it on the HP Officejet Pro 6978 scan to pdf tray, affirm that the print side is facing up and the top edge is entering into the tray first.
- Click on the memory device and then scan from the control panel of your printer by choosing the Scan icon. click Memory device and then load the memory device into the printer, when instructed.
- Take a glance at the scan settings by clicking the Settings icon to alter any settings and then press Done. Click on the Start Scan option to get the scan of the required documents.
Scan To Network Folder
Scan directly to a network folder lets you scan photos and documents and send them to folders on your network. To avail this feature, your printer should possesses an active network connection in order to access the folder easily. Go through the instructions provided in this manual and know how to scan directly to a network folder.
- Affirm that the printer software is installed and that the personal computer and the printer are powered on and linked to the wired or wireless network.
- Then, load the photo or document which you need to scan in the Automatic Document Feeder (HP Officejet Pro 6978 scan to pdf) tray or on the HP Officejet Pro 6978 Scanner glass . Use the Power button to power on the printer.
- You need to associate the shared network folder from where you want to scan to the printer, in order to use the scan to Network folder feature.
- Create a shared network folder using the scan to network Folder Wizard, if you don’t have any folder. Then, click on the network folder and scan the material.
- Tap on the Scan option on the printer’s control panel and click on the Network Folder to scan to the connected computer option. Keyin the password, if required and then scan the material with HP Officejet Pro 6978 scanning software.