HP Officejet 5740 ink replacement
Check whether you have the HP Officejet 5740 ink replacement cartridges ready before starting the installation. You should install the new cartridges as soon as the old cartridges are removed. The old cartridges should be left on the slots until you install the new ones to avoid nozzles from drying out. Do not open the packages until you replace the cartridges and also the cartridges are vacuum packed to maintain reliability.
- Power on the printer and if you receive a message on the LCD screen to replace the cartridges, Click OK, then select Replace Now for HP Officejet 5740 ink replacement.
- Raise the scanner unit, access the cartridge cover, press the tab on the cartridge door and raise the cartridge straight up to separate it.
- Prior opening the cartridge package, shake it slowly for 4 to 5 times to remove any blocks and then separate it from the package.
- Separate only the yellow tape from the HP Officejet 5740 ink cartridges, install the new cartridge into the slot and push it until it locks into place.
- Secure the cartridge access door, press it down until it locks into its position and then lower the scanner unit to its original position.
- The printhead shifts to its original position, the printer initiates charging the ink and after 2.5 minutes approximately the ink charging is completed.
Need Technical Support Call Us @
Toll Free : 1-844-246-7458
Check Ink or Toner Levels
Verify ink or toner levels for your HP Officejet 5740 printer to check whether you need to replace the HP Officejet 5740 ink cartridges. If your printer does not have an 123.hp.com/oj5740 ink levels icon, you can check the level utilizing your desktop[or smart phones. Generally, the printers display toner or 123.hp.com/oj5740 ink levels on the control panel. Check for an ink drop or an 123.hp.com/oj5740 ink levels option to examine the status of each cartridge.
- When you install the printer driver or your PC, it consists of a Printer Management Software which shows your printer’s ink or toner levels.
- For a Windows desktop, switch on the printer and verify whether the printer is in an active state and is linked to the PC.
- Check Windows for HP, select your printer name from the printers list and if HP Solution Centre is present on your list, choose it.
- Select Apple icon, choose System Preferences and then select Printers & Scanners, Print & Fax, or Print & Scan icon.
- Now, choose the name of your printer from the available printers list, select Options & Supplies icon, and select the Supply Levels tab.
- If you are unable to view your 123.hp.com/oj5740 ink levels, you can install and utilise apps like HP Print & Scan Doctor and HP Smart app.