HP Envy 4511 Troubleshooting
The printer issues are mostly related to hardware or software or network connection issues. The hardware issues occur with the printer itself, the software issues occur on the computer which is attempting to print and the network connection issues occur between the printer and the computer. Given below are a few common printer issues and HP Envy 4511 Troubleshooting steps that may guide you to fix it instantly.
Fixing HP Envy 4511 Print Quality Problems
In order to avoid HP Envy 4511 print quality problems, it is advisable to switch off the printer and wait for the light to turn off before you pull the plug or turn off a power strip. This ensures that the printer moves the cartridges to a capped position, where they are protected from drying out. You can follow the basic HP Envy 4511 Troubleshooting steps given below to resolve your print quality issues.
- Ascertain that the paper you are printing on is flat and is not damaged, curled or wrinkled. You can opt for the appropriate paper type and print resolution in the software print settings.
- Ensure that you use high-quality HP paper or papers that adhere to the ColorLok® standard, for best print quality. For best results when printing images, you can use HP Advanced Photo Paper.
- Now, you need to verify the ink levels. When you find that the cartridges are low on ink, it is better to replace them and then print a diagnostics page.
- But, if you notice that the diagnostic page shows streaks or missing portions of the color and black boxes.
- Ensure to clean the cartridges by following the instructions on the control panel.
- Once you complete cleaning the ink cartridges, ensure that the cartridges are aligned properly and then try printing a test page to check the quality of the print.
HP Envy 4511 Black Ink Not Printing
Sometimes, you may notice that the printed output is missing black or color ink or the printed page is blank or has very little ink. You need not panic. Low ink levels do not affect the print quality as even at low ink levels, the printer still performs a limited amount of printing in backup mode. Follow the HP Envy 4511 Troubleshooting steps given below to resolve the printing issue.
- Ensure that you use genuine HP ink cartridges. If you find that the printer has issues printing black ink, then there is a possibility that the black ink might be low.
- You need to check the estimated ink levels to find if any ink cartridges are critically low or empty. Ascertain that the empty ink cartridges are replaced before you proceed to print.
- Now, remove the empty ink cartridge from its slot and then carefully insert a new ink cartridge into the slot. Shut the ink cartridge access door and then try to print again.
- As the printhead could be clogged, you can try cleaning the printhead to restore the print quality. In order to check the quality of the print, Print a test page.
- If you find that the print quality is too bad, select Proceed when prompted to proceed to the next level of cleaning. Repeat this step twice or thrice to fix the issue.
Wifi Printer HP Envy 4511 Troubleshooting
Sometimes placing the printer closer to the router increases the speed and reduces printing time, but there are other ways to improve Wi-Fi performance. Ensure that the router supports 802.11n, offers the 5GHz band as well as 2.4 GHz and that the firmware is updated. If necessary, you could add a wireless extender or a repeater to increase the performance. This issue can be resolved with the help of the HP Envy 4511 Troubleshooting prompts given below.
- The primary step is to restart the computer, printer and wireless router. Ascertain that the printer is connected to the network by printing a Wireless Network Test report.
- Ensure that you verify the status of the printer in the Diagnostic Results, then make sure that the wireless router is turned on and functioning properly and then follow the on-screen instructions.
- Now, check the network name and ensure that you choose the software that is intended for both your computer and printer. Verify if the computer is connected to the same network as the printer.
- Install the software. To find the IP address and connect the printer to the network, you can print either the Wireless Network Test report or a Network Configuration page.
- Ensure that you change the router’s username and password. Under Wireless or Security, review the router settings, then print the Network Configuration Page and also check for any firmware updates to the router.
HP Envy 4511 Error Messages
At some circumstances, the printer might display an error message with numbers and letters and there may be no additional text describing the cause of the error. Generally, the alphanumeric codes vary. Few may begin with 0x while others begin with a B or C. eg: B069A414, 0xc05d1281, etc. Follow the basic HP Envy 4511 Troubleshooting steps given below to resolve the issue.
- Turn on the printer, wait for some time and then disconnect the USB cable from the rear of the printer. Leave it connected, if you find that the printer has a network or wireless connection.
- Now, remove the ink cartridges from the printer and with the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer and from the wall outlet or power strip.
- Wait for a while and then plug in the power cord back into the wall outlet. Also, ensure that you reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
- Now, turn on the printer, then reinsert the ink cartridges and then shut the ink cartridge access door. If you receive any prompt to print a calibration page, do so.
- Ensure that you service the printer if resetting the printer by following the above HP Envy 4511 Troubleshooting steps did not resolve the issue.
Toll Free : 1-844-246-7458