- 123-hp.help Home 〉〉
- Deskjet Printer
HP Deskjet Printer
In addition to printing, you can avail copy and scan options in the HP Deskjet Printer. With the built-in Wi-Fi feature, easily print and share your document. Print the document which is saved on your mobile devices with the mobile printing. Configure your printer fast and save space with the compact design. Automatically connect your network with the Auto Wireless Connect. Save your resource with an energy star certified printer.
HP Deskjet Printer Models
HP DESKJET 1112
The compact printer fits at any place. Start to print a document with an easy setup. Know More
HP DESKJET 2652
Easily print from different smartphones and tablets with this Wireless printer. Know More
Unboxing HP Deskjet Printer
Once you received your printer from the shipment, all you need to do is to set up and install your printer. Make use of the guides which are listed below and get your HP Deskjet Printer ready to print the required documents.
Step 1: Take away the printer from the box, and remove all tape and packing materials from your HP Deskjet printer.
Step 2: From the scanner glass and the ink cartridge access lid remove the packing materials from it. Ensure that you remove all hardware and materials from the box.
Step 3: Connect the power cord to your printer and set the preferences according to your requirements.
Step 4: Open the input tray, insert the paper into the tray and then close it. Fix the tray properly or else paper Jam may occur.
Step 5: Position the ink cartridge into its proper slot. Insert the color ink cartridge into the left slot and black cartridge into the right slot.
Step 6: The HP Deskjet Printer calibrates and it positions the cartridges. Once the alignment gets completed, the printer prints an alignment page.
Step 7: In case the alignment page didn’t print, then go to Setup, click Printer maintenance and select Align printer.
Step 8:The printer prints an alignment page. Select the Ok option, and then remove or recycle the alignment page.
Step 9: Download and install the printer driver and software from our website based on the compatibility.
Step 10: Ensure that you do not link the printer and the computer until it is prompted.
Toll Free : 1-844-246-7458
HP Deskjet Printer Wireless Setup
If you are Wireless printer user, you no need to trouble with the cable connections to link the printer and system. With the Wireless network name and password, associate the printer and system with the network. Position the Wireless devices within the range of the network. You can connect multiple devices to the Wireless network. If you use the wireless printing, you can avail the benefit of mobile printing feature.
- Power on the printer. Click the Wireless icon on the printer’s control panel.
- Select Settings and then choose HP Deskjet Printer Wireless Setup Wizard.
- Use the guides on the control panel and link the printer and system to the network.
- Download the required HP Deskjet Printer driver and software from our website.
- Use the on-screen guides to complete the setup and installation process.
HP Deskjet Printer Wireless Direct Setup
Do you want to connect your HP Deskjet Printer and the system without the wireless router or access point? Then go with the Wireless Direct Setup so that you can connect the wireless direct connection directly to the printer. Connect your printer’s HP Wireless Direct or Wi-Fi signal as the same way you link your Wi-Fi capable device to a new wireless network or hotspot.
- Power on HP Wireless Direct on your printer’s control panel.
- On your mobile device or system, enable the Wi-Fi radio and link to Wireless Direct Setup.
- Turn on the Wireless Direct Setup with the security and enter the WPA2 Password.
- Configure the HP Deskjet Printer software for your computer. Select Wireless for the connectivity option.
- Install the updated printer plugin application for your mobile device.
Frequently Asked Questions and Answers about Envy
The printer software which is installed on the computer may not get upgraded with the new IP address when you try to print if your network router changes the printer’s IP address. It can assist to provide the printer a manual IP address. Once it is done, the address will not be modified unless you change it. While setting the manual IP address on the printer, you need to use the Update IP address utility from the printer software or uninstall and reinstall the software in case the printer is not recognized automatically when printing.
- Disconnect the Internet cable that runs between your router and the wall.
- Unplug the router’s power cord, halt for at least 30 seconds and then re-link the power cord.
- From the printer’s control panel, print a Network Configuration page to find the IP address of the printer.
- The printer and the router IP address must have the similar format. In case the printer has an IP address similar to 169.254.XXX.XXX or 0.0.0.0, it is not linked to the Wireless network.
- Enter the printer’s IP address into a browser to verify that it is connected.
- Connect the Internet cable back into the router, reboot the router and verify your printer’s connection.
- Place your wirleess router, modem router or access point in a central location.
- Walls and Metal objects will interfere with the router’s wireless signal. If the interferences are severe, the connection will go weaker.
- Upgrade to the high gain antenna that uses the wireless signals in only one direction so that you can save the router’s power.
- Extend the range of the wireless router’s signal by adding a wireless access point.
Most of the broadband routers and other Wireless access points have an optional feature which is known as MAC address filtering. It improves security by limiting the devices that can join the network.
While accessing the wireless router configuration settings, you need to do one of the following:
- Power off or on MAC address filtering altogether.
- Identify your printer’s MAC address and add it to the list of devices allowed to access the network.
- Reset the printer’s network settings to their factory default. This disconnects the printer from the network. If you want to re-link the printer to a wireless network you will have to link it again.
- Ensure that the printer’s wireless is on. In case it is not, verify your printer’s manual for guides on how to do this.
- Look for the local wireless network. Connect to the wireless network. The peer-to-peer network will not need a wireless password.
- Install the software for your printer. Choose Through the network Network or Wireless.
Without using the wireless router or access point, you can directly connect the printer to the wireless network with the help of HP Wireless Direct or Wi-Fi Direct. Link the Wi-Fi capable device to a new wireless network the same way you connected for your printer’s HP wireless direct.
- Switch on HP wireless direct or Wi-Fi Direct from the control panel of your printer.
- Ascertain that the Wi-Fi radio is on and then link to HP Wireless Direct or Wi-Fi Direct.
- In case you enabled the security in the HP Wireless Direct, enter the WPA password when it is instructed.
- Install the printer software for your PC. Select the Wireless option for the connectivity option from the printer software.
The following use case applies only to Wi-Fi Direct and not to HP Wireless direct.
To connect and print via a Wi-Fi Direct capable mobile device to the printer’s Wi-Fi Direct connection:
- Enable the Wi-Fi Direct option on the printer and mobile device. Set the connection mode to either Automatic or manual.
- Install the updated HP print plug-in on the mobile device. From the mobile device, select a document from a print enabled application.
- Select the printer and choose print. If it is set to Automatic, the mobile device automatically links to the printer and prints. If it is set to Manual, you need to acknowledge the connection by pressing the Wi-Fi Direct button when instructed.
- The mobile device can maintain a current network connection and will continue to have an internet connection while printing.
- The printer with a control panel has a Wi-Fi Direct icon or button, If the printer control panel does not have the icon, go to the Network setup or Wireless settings option to verify if a Wi-Fi Direct menu displays.
- For printers without a control panel, tap on the Information button to print a report that has the Wi-Fi Direct name and password.
- In case the printer does not have an Information button, press and hold the Resume button for 2 seconds to print a report that has the Wi-Fi Direct name and password.
- Android 4.0, tablets and mobiles with the HP Print Service Plugin or Mopria Print Service installed.
- Most of the Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 PCs, tablets and laptops that have the HP Printer driver installed.
- Install the updated HP Print ServicePlugin on your mobile device. On the printer, turn on Wi-Fi Direct.
- Click the Wireless icon to display the Wi-Fi Direct name and password.
- Choose Automatic to print without a password, or click Manual to confirm the print job from the printer or to require a password.
- Click Settings–> Wi-Fi. Open the document or photo that you want to print and choose the Print option.